Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big Buck Chuck

Big Buck Chuck showed up this morning at 9am. Walked straight to me and stopped at 30 yards. Turned around and walked right back the way he came. At least I know he is still alive. Until we meet again

Sent from my iPhone using IW

I shot a deer very similar but with a little bit more mass in 07 he went 161 so I'd say he'll push 160 nice deer

Well, there are bigger deer out there, but very few have that incredible, super classic "look" about them like this deer does. He's a keeper. Good luck.

Bronc

I hate to say it but I agree with muddy. 157-160

Even quickly guessing on the high side, with 10" 2's and 3's, and a 20" spread (which he doesn't have) i still came up shy of 160...and he will too

Trust me, he's still an awesome buck with awesome character...and would eat my arrow everyday of the week if he walked past.

Shoot him and let us know. I'd be happy to be wrong

Last edited:
Well two encounters with him this weekend. No good shots. This deer is haunting me. Almost killed him last night while videoing him. Had a small window of opportunity, drew back and my arrow came off the string and then my bow dry fired some how. String came off the bow. Fortunately all is ok with a check up at fin and feather. Restrung and sighted in. Need one more chance to not screw this up. 21 of 28 days in a stand so far this year.

Well I arrowed this dude last night. After the hit he stumbled a lot and really struggled as he ran up the hill. Found only one spot of blood at first and then at about 50 yards from shot I found good blood. Trail went for about 100 yards and bumped him. We backed out and will try tonight to locate him. Not very good blood on the arrow but good dark blood trail after the first 50. Kind of has me puzzled. There were several spots where the blood was piled in 8-9 in round spots. Otherwise a lot of patchy spots. Not sure if liver or artery. Any thought out there?

Kinda sounds like liver. Sometimes it can take a while to do the job, and before he dies he'll be really struggling...after this kind of shot I've watched them run 100 yards, stop, walk another 30 yards looking really sick, stop, walk another 30 yards, stop...they usually don't go very far very fast and most of the ones I've seen were recovered within 200 yards, but they need to be left for at least a few hours. Sounds similar to what you're desribing. How did the hit look to you?

Went back tonight and tries to find him. Finally found a CRP patch he had bed down in and we jumped him. Just short of 24 hours later. Some fresh blood on the grass but not a big spot where he laid down. Good trail where he ran out and then lost it again about 100 later. He's still hurting by the about of blood. It wasn't a tone but it was fresh. So still bleeding. Maybe opened the wound up when he got up to run. I don't know. F%#£

Well BBC is still alive. I was walking out from shooting my sixth deer this year and bumped him bedded down 30 yards from the truck.
I really didn't expect to see him again. Not knowing how good my arrow hit him. I did see his wound and it looked like I got him under the arm pit. Explains the amount of blood from tracking him a month ago when I shot him with my bow. Also explains the blood trail ending both times I found his bedding area.
So the hunt goes on and I still have my bow tag and a late muzzy tag.
This has been to say the least, a very intense season. But I'm ready to put an end to this story.

What a relief to know he's alive still. That's much better than never seeing him again and always wondering if you killed him. Good luck!

Top Bottom