Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big Buck Down....(hopefully)

How much arrow penetration you get or did you still not find arrow? If you hit shoulder blade and didn't go through, the deer is pry fine. What kinda broadheads just outta curiousity?
Keep plugging man, hang in there. He's fine & hopefully you can get another shot OR you got some lengthy searching to do & if a lot of time goes by- keep watch for crows, vultures, coyotes. Good luck!!

I'm pretty sure I hit the shoulder blade, and I got muzzy. I have been telling myself he's fine, but I can't get over this. Last year shot a stud and to say the least never found, and now this buck....its tough to even get back out there.

I'm pretty sure I hit the shoulder blade, and I got muzzy. I have been telling myself he's fine, but I can't get over this. Last year shot a stud and to say the least never found, and now this buck....its tough to even get back out there.

Everyone on here has been there, it sucks!!! You're in good company though, it happens. Those shoulder blades can be really tough. He could be toast though SO I am sure you'll keep searching & like I said, if some time goes by- keep your eyes & ears wide open. My bro shot one a few years ago that ended up being fine and he actually got a shot at the same buck around a week later SO, if he's fine, you'll have a good chance at getting a crack at him. You're pry gonna be in the crapper about this for a couple weeks but TIME heals & just keep pluggin. Sucks though. hang in there and keep after it!

Funny you say that.... The story with my bro's buck, he shot him like 7 days later outta the SAME STAND within 20 minutes of the 1st shot.
I would guess, YES, you probably will end up seeing him out of another area/stand BUT you never know. I'd give that stand a rest, if it were me, and I'd hunt that stand as well as others. Still hope you find the dude BUT there's sure some realistic plan B's here. Good luck!

I looked for 5 hours today and more than likely tomorrow,but if I don't see him tomorrow I'm gona stay off this property for a week or so.

I looked for 5 hours today and more than likely tomorrow,but if I don't see him tomorrow I'm gona stay off this property for a week or so.

I'd be doing a crow search tomorrow.. If he's dead they'll be on him. If you hit him high enough you're in no mans land there, so he may be alright. Hope you find him dead or alive. Good luck!

Top Bottom