Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big Buck in Southern Iowa?

N

Nelly21

Hello Everyone..This is my first post,..I was just wandering if anybody had any info on a buck taken during shotgun season down around Albia,Iowa? Suppose to be a big boy!

Rumors abound, but this is what I've heard. (don't take this to the bank - it's purely hear-say)
The buck was shot during gun season but never recovered. Someone else discovered the dead deer and got the rack. We believe the law states that the shooter is the owner of the horns, not the finder. The DNR will have to sort that one out if that is what actually happened.
The buck is "rumored" to be in the 280" class. Amazing if it is true. We await more information and will past it along if we hear anything.

I work with a guy who is a cousin to the person who shot this deer. The guy I work with is waiting to talk to his cousin to get the latest details on this deer. I am under the impression that this deer is in the possession of the IADNR because the person who recovered the deer took it to a taxidermist with out having a tag. I know these are not words from the horses mouth because I didn't talk to the man himself, but second hand information. It was also mentioned that this deer would score over the 300" mark, but again I have not seen or talked to the man himself. I will keep posting what i can find out.

CH

I also heard that the buck would score over 300..I also know the taxidermist who has the rack. But yet to hear more about it

is this the deer featured in north american whitetail's feb issue? they list the "soap creek outfitters" site in their magazine along with this deer. sounds like someone got one of the top 10 biggest deer ever be it found dead, poached, hunted, or hit by a car. the magazine features live photos of the deer and says that some guys filmed him on numerous occasions.

I called DNR in Des Moines. I was told they have heard same rumors.They told me DNR DOES Not have rack.So until some one comes up with more than rumor , no one knows if deer is as big or if he is even out there.What a screwed up mess.Also this is rumor,not fact, I think deer photos in Magazine (I have not seen}is the same deer whose photo is posted at Color Master in Ottumwa .I have been told this deer was photoed by Unionville ,Ia.This may be different deer.

Is it true that someone had the sheds of this deer put into a mount? If you recieved an invitation to the Iowa Whitetail Classic, look at the cover. I think that that is the sheds of this buck in a mount.

Top Bottom