Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big buck sightings?

hotshott2289

Hey guys, Havent been around much this fall but congrats to all who have tagged out!
I really havent spent much time out this year since i tagged out in the first week of october so its been a weird falll for me. I have been still running cameras and driving around as well as my brothers have been out hunting. We've noticed that alot of the big deer just aren't showing up this year especially ones hat we have a couple of years of history with that should be in the 5-6 year old range. I'm hoping they are still around as we didnt find any dead this summer but it just seems kind of weird to me. Anyone else having alot lower sightings of the big guys this year?

I'm actually the exact opposite. Last year I had zero shooters on camera going into the season. This year I had 1 going in and now have accumulated 2 more. Those other two may be roamers, but they were still in my areas at one point nonetheless. I've also seen more nice bucks this year than I did last year as well. Sorry for the rest of you having bad luck, sucks to be you i guess...;)

I agree. the biggest buck I saw was a small 6..not sure what to think. I did find a small deer dead (dead a while) by my pond this weekend so not sure if it is EHD/numbers or trespassers hunting while I'm not there....but the numbers are size I'm seeing this year are making it hard to get out this weekend with any confidence for sure :confused:

Same here. Biggest i seen this yr was 150 class, and a 130 class. Every other bucks Ive seen all fall were no bigger than basket racks. On cameras we usually get one or two big ones a week but this yr weve gotten 2 decent 130s since the beginning of october

My farm I hunt in Guthrie County is way, way down for does and bucks. My farm I hunt by Eldora I have not seen a change; if anything slightly up? Were there areas effectived more than others with EHD?

Top Bottom