Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big Buck

dominator

On a shotgun drive with 5 people(including me) I shot this buck trying to circle around and go up the draw i was pushing, luckily i had stopped to pee and right when i got done writing my name in the snow and picked up my gun this beast comes trotting my way. It was very lucky, and would have been way cooler with my bow or from a stand, but i guess it was meant to be (read below). My biggest buck to date! OOHHHH YEEEAAAHHH

There was a topic about him in the shed section, here it is:
shot a buck on sunday. went to try and drag him out of the woods when both of his antlers came off. One of his sides was very loose and the other was on there pretty good(but still came off). Has anyone seen this happen before? He was going to shed his antlers this week if i didnt harvest him.

the buck had a gimp right back leg with a huge puss-ball in it. This leg was also shorter than the other, and it was crooked, so it must have been broken at one point. He seemed in good health, although run down from the rut, but he had no limp whatsoever when i saw him alive. This was in southern iowa. It was also a mainframe 6x5 11 pointer that i taped out to be around 175-177 inches gross.

webuck2.JPG

webuck.JPG

that is a solid buck!

sorry his horns fell off, i guess that happens occasionally! but he is absolutly a bruiser!!

congrats
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

"Snake in the Hand" buck.

Nice. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Congrats!

yeah i am getting it mounted, one of the guys in my party happens to be my taxidermist. he said it wont be a problem

Nice buck and Congrats. He is a hog.

As far as racks coming off during Shotgun seasons, I wouldn't say it is common, but I have too experienced it first hand. Not only have I taken bucks that have shed antlers already, but have picked up bucks that antlers just seem to fall off with little pressure. Some just seem to shed a little earlier than others I guess.

Top Bottom