Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big Cese puts the hammer on one

Limb Chicken

It is truly a blessing to be able to spend as much time with my father as I do. We live close and spend a lot of time together. He has taught me about hunting and fishing and life in general. Turkey hunting is one of those things that we really enjoy doing together and have some really good memories afield. The last two years Cese has had a rough time with misses. He is normally a crack shot but buck fever has got the best of him lately...

Second season started out slow and wasn't looking real good with the conditions and the birds were just not responding, or if they would they would look at our set up and turn and walk away. He was kinda bummed because we hunted hard Friday - Sunday and never had anything close. I asked him if he wanted to go out Tuesday for one last shot, he himmed and hawwed and I said well I am going whether you are or not so I will drive by and if your up fine... If not I am headed out... Same crap he used to put on me...
grin.gif

The morning started out familiar with birds in the same area and pitching down and going quiet. We had one bird that seemed somewhat interested but was a good 300 yards away and I had my doubts. Dad started to nod off and I was staring into space when I heard the distinct sound of spitting and drumming and it was close... Shaking the blind close... So I had to try to wake the giant without a big commotion and managed that as the sound of the drumming got even closer. I finally saw him and he was no more then 7 or 8 steps away from the blind on a straight line to "Uncle Rico and Ugly Betty". I just wanted Dad to get one under his belt again so I didn't even fool with the camera. He shouldered the gun and the sling got caught on the arm of the ginormous chair he has to bring to sit in... I was just about ready to pull it off of the arm when the gun went off and the bird lay motionless... I was about as excited as I was when he shot his first bird and two years of frustration was lifted off his shoulders with a hawg of a bird. 8:15 am and we were high fivin! Congrats Dad!

26 lbs

26DSC00455.JPG

26DSC00456.JPG

[ QUOTE ]
Sweet victory for the old man Limb. Jealous.

[/ QUOTE ]

Me too...

Great story Limb and memories for both of you.

Congrats!

Great story and photo's Matt. I wish my dad was fit enough to still hunt turkeys.
Priceless memories !!

Dang Limb,

You going to leave anybirds in half the state. WOW! You are really knocking them down.

Tell your dad congrats.

Dean

Congrats Big Cese....
and to you Limb....
im sure that will go down as one of the best hunts of the year!!!
Awsome!!

That is awesome Limb, congrats to you and your old man.

How many dead turkeys have you been a part of this year Limb? Seems every time I check in here you got a new story!

Top Bottom