Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big game tags?

DOR

Life Member
Did anyone draw any NR tags this year?
I drew MT ELK, MULEY and likely Antelope (everyone did). Also drew KS whitetail.:way:

I struck out for ELK in WY, UT, NV, NM :(
No luck for moose ,sheep, mule deer, Bison and mt goats in NV or UT:(

Currently waiting on MT for LE ELK, Sheep and MT goat.:rolleyes:

Waiting on NH and ME for Moose.:eek:
Waiting on MN for ELK.:eek:

Anyone else draw a coveted Big Game tag this year? If so, where are you going and how long did it take you to draw?

Good Lord. I thought you weren't going to make any money on this $0.99 APP? :) :) I could only dream of going to all those hunts in a year. I guess I am gong to Nebraska for a public land antelope hunt but that is about it. Goodluck this fall!!

holy crap did u win the lottery...sounds u spent more money on apply for tags then a hunt would cost...but anyways good luck on the tags u drew...sounds like ur going to have a blast in MT...

Nope....another bonus point party for me:) Montana, Arizona, colorado and Utah. One day as likely my only way Ill hunt sheep one day.

Good Lord. I thought you weren't going to make any money on this $0.99 APP? :) :) I could only dream of going to all those hunts in a year. I guess I am gong to Nebraska for a public land antelope hunt but that is about it. Goodluck this fall!!

Thing is, you have to put in for 100 tags anymore to have a chance to draw one good one every 3 to 5 years at best. Lots of applications....very little drawn. If I would have drawn one of the Limited Entry tags for Elk in another state I would have got a refund for MT.

KS is cheap relative to everything else. That and I go every year to see and hunt with some great people.

It is only 2 hunts LIV, one 10 to 12 day stint in Sept for the MT species and 7 days in November for KS whitetails. I have about 1400 bucks in tags there and wont be staying in any hotels. So all said and done I will have about 2K invested in it all. You engineer types are rich, so I know you could afford it.:grin:

That is true DOR. That isn't soo bad. Heck right now I am wasting over $1000/month in a house I don't even live in Northern Iowa with my recent job move . Been doing it for almost a year now, I could of went on a heck of a hunt for that!!! I hope the dang thing sells or I am going to have to look at renting it out.

Goodluck this fall!!

WOW! That's amazing. All I've got is 3 IA buck tags this year (ok, yes, I never fill all 3)- keeps me incredibly busy. I'm jealous of your awesome hunts though!

I wish I would have applied for Montana. I had a blast last year. Good luck. What part of Montana you headed to?

I've got a brother in NV, and looked hard into applying. For muleys, it would take about 5-10 years for a NR. Correct me if I'm wrong (...and I may be), but don't they make you purchase a $200 license every year you put in for a bonus point?

That was enough to turn me off...

I actually missed our limited entry draw deadline. I was going to apply for farmland moose (pretty much 100% success on big bulls) and mule deer in the same zone.

Instead I'll have to buy an over the counter archery only mule deer tag which is good province wide as well as an over the counter moose tag which is only valid in certain zones, my home one being one of them. You snooze you lose...I'm a perfect example.

We put in for a few LE units for MT so we will see what comes of that, but not sure at this point where we are headed if we end up with General tag only.

I got an offer this weekend for a trade-a-hunt deal. Anybody ever do this? He wants to trade me a Montana archery elk hunt for an Iowa whitetail rut hunt. Really has me thinking. May be the only way I get out of town to see some new country. :D

I don't do any out-of-state hunts for anything. BUT... someday maybe I'd want to do a premium elk hunt. Could be 10 years before that. Is there some absolutely amazing draws that take 10-15 years that are some of the best out there, that I should start putting in pref points for? I don't care if it took 10, 15 or 20 years if it was amazing!

I don't do any out-of-state hunts for anything. BUT... someday maybe I'd want to do a premium elk hunt. Could be 10 years before that. Is there some absolutely amazing draws that take 10-15 years that are some of the best out there, that I should start putting in pref points for? I don't care if it took 10, 15 or 20 years if it was amazing!
From what I hear of Arizona, it will take 10 years of drawing $100/yr preference points before you get "lucky" and draw a $900 tag. :confused:

I got an offer this weekend for a trade-a-hunt deal. Anybody ever do this? He wants to trade me a Montana archery elk hunt for an Iowa whitetail rut hunt. Really has me thinking. May be the only way I get out of town to see some new country. :D
So do you go elk hunting while waiting for him to draw Iowa?

Top Bottom