Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

BIG moose pictures

dominator

do you think these are real? if so this thing is absolutely huge. got this in an email.

For you Moose hunters, photographers, and wildlife lovers out there,sit down before you view these photos; otherwise you may hurt yourself when you pass out.

THIS IS ONE BIG BOY! THE PICTURE WAS TAKEN NEAR MCADAM

Just across the border from Vanceboro , Maine....Yes, it is a regular size dirt road.

untitled.jpg

untitled1.jpg

Looks like a walking path and a young growth forest if it's true. No way that's mature boreal forest and a regular road.

The largest confirmed size for this species was a bull shot at the Yukon River in September 1897 weighing 820 kg (1,800 lb) and was 233 cm (92 in) tall at the shoulder.

maybe that is a small one lane dirt road or 4-wheeler trail, and a newer forest is the reason it looks so big. he might be around 7 foot tall, a car is maybe 5-6 feet wide? Still, running into a 7'6" 1800 pound bull moose would be pretty breathtaking.

Last edited:
Looks like a walking path and a young growth forest if it's true. No way that's mature boreal forest and a regular road.

Just how in the heck would you photoshop something like that??????

I think Karre is right on here.

I got that email awhile back and it said that the picture was taken on a walking trail/ATV trail somewhere in Canada and they person taking the picture saw it coming and sat down beside a tree on the road.

Its been awhile since I got it, I'll look and see if its still in my inbox.

There is no way that is real. I live in Maine and have seen literally thousands of moose in my 52 years. That is a photoshop picture for sure.

One way or another, that pic is rigged. Either Photoshop or very clever use of dimension to make it appear like a monster.

Beautiful moose regardless, but, it does seem out of proportion.

Here's some proportion. Bad photoshop I know but It'll have to do. Now just estimate the distance to the FJ figuring the FJ has a 6" lift and 35" tires would make it close to 7" at the top of the roof rack.:D

Great! My wife just saw this and said I need something to do. I can see my list now!:rolleyes:

picture.php

Top Bottom