Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big Teeth

THA4

A Few Steps Ahead Of You
I know for many of you guys, it is hard to think of anything else other than deer this time of year...... :grin: and that is normal! and totally ok!!!!

but to guys like me, September into early October is primo Muskie time.

during this past week, I was fortunate enough to spend quite a few days on one of my favorite muskie lakes in Minnesota. I will spare you all the tiny details of this trip, and let the pix speak for themselves.

I was fortunate enough to net another nice fish for Ryan, and he repaid the favor from earlier this summer when I netted two in a night for him.

Thanks Buddy!!! Ya done good! :drink1:

Here is how things played out.

I fished a few days by myself, and managed to stick one decent fish.
41" on a Crappie Pattern Grandma
Lake X......
laughing.gif

picture.php

A couple days later, Ryan and I met up on Lake X...... :drink2: and he managed to get this dandy 42"er..... what is funny, we actually decided to call it a night just before this and Ryan called "last cast" and this fish ate 10' from the boat.... no joke! Pink Cowgirl
picture.php

picture.php

The following day we went out to the same lake where Ryan caught his first two muskies, a 45 and 51... he had high hopes and figured I would be his net man.... fair enough I told him......
:moon:
I don't know who he thinks he is......
;)
picture.php

We both managed to catch a few bonus pike....
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

at 9 PM, I nailed this pig.... the pix don't do it justice, but it is my official NEW personal best muskie, my preveous was a 48"er, but this thing measured at 48" and had a girth of 21" making her quite larger than any of my other skiis!

48 X 21, Pink Cowgirl
I added a few more pix for this mama hoping to accurately show how big she was
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Then about an hour and a half later, I was fortunate enough to catch my second fish of the night, she measured in at 45.5". Not near as fat as her big sister from earlier in the evening, but I was jacked! I have not had a two fish day in MN for over 5 years.... I needed these fish badly! :way:
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Thanks Ryan! You can be my Netman ANYTIME!!!!
:drink1::drink1::drink1:

The question moose, is which Lake X is it!? Lol.

Thomas, GREAT fish buddy. Congrats! As always, I'm envious of your prehistoric toothy monsters!

Helluva a couple nights we had for sure!!!!!!! Still cannot get over what a fat hog that 1st fish was. Congrats again dude...you deserved those fish after all the hours you put in last week, nicely done.

Honestly, I see NO need to fish for anything else, what's the point? :grin: All the hours of chucking lumber and rolling blades is worth every second when those fish finally latch on and end up in the net.....unbelievable.

What's funny about Thomas and I's story of these fish now is that I have boated the biggest fish in his boat and now he has the biggest for my renovated muskie machine.....for now....I have at least 6 more weeks of chasing these fish....and they only get fatter as the fall progresses!!! :drink2::drink2:

Last edited:
What's funny about Thomas and I's story of these fish now is that I have boated the biggest fish in his boat and now he has the biggest for my renovated muskie machine.......:drink2::drink2:

very true, I didnt think about that.....
:D

That lake has been good to us!

Those are nice fish

I am heading to the Lake of the Woods Tuesday for the first time and the group I am going with sounds like they focus on walleyes more than anything else, but I hope to spend a little time trying for a big pike or muskie, we'll see.

The true question is how did they taste? Hopefully they are better eating then they are lookers. Damn, those things are ugly. I would rather be photo'd with an asian carp anyday.

Congrats on the success though!

The true question is how did they taste? Hopefully they are better eating then they are lookers. Damn, those things are ugly. I would rather be photo'd with an asian carp anyday.

I'm confused..........ultimate fresh water predator vs a bottom feeding parasite that jump into your boat by the dozens?????

......and the fish were released, not eaten.

Top Bottom