Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Big Ten Wrestling Championships

jkratz5

Went to my first Big 10 wrestling championship tonight. I have to admit, the crowd was a little small knowing that a few of the meets I have been to at Carver have pushed 12-13,00 fans. Anyhow, it was a great day of wrestling with some really good matches. St. John had a phenomenol run at the Big10s and in my mind should have won wrestler of the championship. McDonough looked great and should be ready to rock at nationals. Decent day for the hawks, they couldn't keep up with Penn St. but hopefully they can get some revenge at Nationals. If you haven't been to one of these championships before I highly recommend it.

Kratz

I watched it today on TV. I was glad it was televised. One thing that I never have undestood is how ESPN can broadcast dog shows, gymnastics, pool, etc, but won't cover wrestling? Stupid.

St. John should've gotten wrestler of the tourney! His finals match was intense, and I'm glad to see him back in action. It killed us this year that he was injured, and honestly, I was very impressed with how well he wrestled considering he has sat out for so long. I'm looking forward to the NCAAs in a few weekends. I'd like to go to St. Louis to watch, but doubt I'll be able to make the trip. Does anyone know if this will be televised?

Usually the finals are broadcasted live, but other than that, its hardly ever broadcasted. I have to agree with you again too about ESPN not broadcasting more wrestling. I love the big ten network because of how much wrestling is shown on there, and also IPTV as well.

Hopefully the hawks will push through well at nationals. But I gotta say, between Penn St. and Okie State, its going to be tough. Okie State is one heck of team this year, there is no doubt about that.

[QUOTE I'm looking forward to the NCAAs in a few weekends. I'd like to go to St. Louis to watch, but doubt I'll be able to make the trip. Does anyone know if this will be televised?[/QUOTE]

The finals will be on tv. Espn2 I beleive. Like jkratz said, going to the national live is a real treat. I went for 10 years in a row and it's the best wrestling you will see. It's great to see the Hawkeye following, no matter where in the country it is we have the biggest crowd.

Big 10 network isn't that great. With the conference championships going on, they only put the finals on tv. Instead of having the semifinals on, there was women's lacrosse on. That's pathetic. Conference happens once a year, and it should be on tv. Then again, at least the finals were on. As for Okie State, they have little chance at winning the national title. They lost their heavyweight for the year and haven't been the same since. They didn't even win their own conference.

Watch out for 197lber Chris Honeycutt from little old Edinboro University in a couple weeks. He is an animal. Of course I live in Edinboro.

I have Dishnetwork and i just looked at the schedule for college wrestling and there saying that ESPNU is showing the quarterfinals and semifinals. Im sure ESPN is gonna have the finals on...they usually do

ESPN 2 I believe always broadcasts it...i DO recommend to any wrestling fans who haven't been to the national tournament...atleast go ONCE. I've been there twice, always some AWESOME matches BEFORE finals.

Top Bottom