Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bigeavers luck.

Cooter

Got beaver destroying trees and damming up the creek that runs through some of the ground I hunt.

So decided to try and get rid of them. I've never trapped before but I put up some snares on a some slides. Got the snares from a buddy that doesn't trap any more. Have had some luck but also have had a couple get away cause the stops he used pulled through the washer:(.

First was 45#
20121109_121344.jpg

20121109_121007.jpg

Second was 60# and was as long as my 10/22.
20121113_131527.jpg

Let me tell you carrying one of these out will warm you right up after a cold sit with not much movement.

Never trapped before are these good sized beaver?

They are a pain to skin. Do any buyers take them un-skinned? What's the dock then? Probably less than the holes I'm making:(

Mobile Cooter using IW

Last edited:
Sweet...when you get done there I've got a small piece I hunt that needs the same treatment :D

NWBuck

45# is big, 60# is huge.

They are very good to eat to be honest, but anyone I've talked to prefers the smaller 20-25# ones.

Nice photos, 60# beaver is a big one. :way:

As already stated, they are very good eating, make sure to keep the castors, there is a market for them. :)

blake said:
make sure to keep the castors, there is a market for them. :)

You're joking right. I was told they are nasty.

I haven't hit one yet.......

Mobile Cooter using IW

Ive got problems with beavers too. Gonna sit and hunt beaver all spring. Been told that if you shoot them and leave them, itll keep others out of the area... We'll see!

healthy beavers right there. A healthy beaver is a happy beaver :rolleyes:

Congrats Cooter, that looks like a riot!

Ive got problems with beavers too. Gonna sit and hunt beaver all spring. Been told that if you shoot them and leave them, itll keep others out of the area... We'll see!
Not trying to chap your hide here or tell you what to do, but you might want to be careful doing that. They are really cracking down on shooting them because it is illegal. Can't even shoot them if you are animal damage control certified. Just an fyi.

Top Bottom