Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Biggest Antlers in the Country

iowabruce

Will be in Dubuque this weekend starting Friday .......Auction starts at 1:00pm. with bunches of other (outdoor) stuff to see.

The antler auction will be awesome this year.....if you love big horn you have to be there......Grand Harbour next to the hotel.

Not an advertisement gang, just an event you might be interested in.

So stuff like this, is this generally antlers found in wild OR pen raised deer? Don't care, just curious? Would be cool to see!

The best shed poachers in the state will be there selling their bounty from our farms:way: But really, it will be great to see all the huge antlers.

The auction was a great success and a lot of fun. I personally sold about 60 sets of sheds with about 15 of those being from what ISHEDHUNT would call pen raised deer, a couple of really nice full skulls and a few single sheds I had laying around. They also sold a bunch of craft size sheds and cutoffs that brought pretty darn good money. Saturday's auction brought in a huge crowd with over 125 long guns going up on the block, and everything from tackle boxes to a polar bear found new owners. I don't think it was a pen raised Polar Bear though! It's a great place to make some extra change on antlers just piling up in the garage.

I guess I don't understand the difference between the shed of a wild free-roaming whitetail and a pen raised whitetails shed's? A shed is a shed, whether you picked em up in a fenced in area or you picked them up in a pine tree thicket behind your house because you fed them deer all winter? Can you really criticize IowaBruce for selling them?

I wasn't criticizing Bruce for selling antlers. Heck I enjoy looking at Bruce's antlers, all of them whether they be pen raised or free roaming. The point I guess I was trying to make is the market is flooded with pen raised antlers and everyday there are guys on eBay trying to pass off pen raised sheds as wild sheds. In my opinion pen raised sheds have brought down the value of antlers in general.

Most hardcore shed hunters I know don't sell big sheds! The occasional shed hunter or someone who stumbles across one might sell it, but not the 5% of shed hunters I'm talking about.

I don't have the spare cash to play the antler buying game, so its leg work for me. I do own a few big sheds I purchased or traded for and I do enjoy them but they don't mean as much as the big ones I have personally picked up.

You asked for some pics so here you go. We left at 430pm and arrived in Dubuque at 5:30am. At 8:00am these were the tables of sheds we were told we'd need to measure that day with our Rackulators. Most were matched sets, and yes most were pen raised I'd guess. There were some really good wild deer there as well, it was nice to visit with some of you that stopped by also!
Dubuque20100062.jpg

Dubuque20100072.jpg

dubuque20100102.jpg

Top Bottom