Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Biggest Bass of theYear so Far

jkratz5

Well I have to find something to do during this time of the year so the last three years or so I have really gotten back into fishing and I love to bass fish during the spawn. I through the pole in the car this morning on my way to work and stopped for about a half hour to see what I could catch. Low and behold I ended up with a Big ol Girl that went just a shade under 21", I was figuring about 5.5-6lbs from holding her and that seems to agree with the chart that was posted on here a while back. Anyhow, again I apologize for the pics, I never have a camera on me just the phoen again, but they didn't turn out that bad for just me and a camera phone.

Kratz

4534Largemouth_5-23-07_4.jpg

4534Largemouth_5-23-07_1.jpg

Thats an awsome fish!!!
here is my biggest this year so far....
about 21 inches, in that 5 lbs. range somewhere....
hopefully to be beatin several times....
i really need to catch a fish like this in a tourney, then ill be sitting good!!!
6352ThomasBigBass_2_-med.jpg

Aaron has been asking to go fishing and tonight he didn't have baseball, so we grabbed a couple dozen crawlers and headed out.

Here is his biggest bass of the year:
1110bass-med.jpg

As the sun was setting and I was trying to pack up, I handed my pole to him to try to get rid of the worm. He caught a couple of huge bluegills back to back, with this one being the biggest bullgill I have ever seen, taped right at 10 inches:
1110bullgill-med.jpg

Here's one of mine:
grin.gif

1110Dads-med.jpg

That's okay, as we were keeping bluegills to restock our pond that froze out this year. All catch and release.

I've promised him a carp fishing trip to the Iowa River and he is really looking forward to fighting some big carp.

Looks like you guys had a blast, wish I could have joined you. Tell your boy congrats on the bass and monster gills

Kratz

[ QUOTE ]
Not trying to be argumentative;but that looks like a red ear of a red ear hybrid.

[/ QUOTE ]

You, Sir, are most likely correct!!
grin.gif

My apologies to the "fish aficionados" here. Being a generalist, I tend to lump all the "sunfish" into my "Bluegill" category. We originally stocked with hybrids.

Still a dang fine specimen, if I have to say so myself. My son was very proud (and so am I
wink.gif
).

I read the bow fishing thread with great amusement as the finer points of "rough" fish were discussed. I tend to lump rough fish into the "fertilizer" category.

These aren't bass or blue gill, but they are some of the biggest fish I've caught so far this year. We caught them last weekend while running lines on the DM river. 43 total fish in 2 nights. Biggest being just shy of 10 pounds. Most were between 5-8 lbs.

5463fish_2-med.JPG

Here is my dad with one of the bigger ones.
5463fish_3-med.JPG

And my buddy with another.
5463fish_1-med.JPG

Two returning soldiers came out last month on their day off and caught these in my pond. Catch and release of course.
4349Bass_1-med.jpg
4349Bass_2-med.jpg

I fished all morning and only caught 1 keeper. Just shy of 7 lbs, pretty slim for a 28 in. channel cat. Not to mention, probably had 2 lbs. of eggs in her. Caviar anyone?

05-27-07062.jpg

05-27-07066.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
Two returning soldiers came out last month on their day off and caught these in my pond. Catch and release of course.
4349Bass_1-med.jpg
4349Bass_2-med.jpg

[/ QUOTE ]

Those are a couple of dandys
waytogo.gif

All I hear is: "When can we go fishing?" and I'm loving it!

The slaughter of the huge 'gills continues:
1110iangill-med.jpg

Aaron decided he wanted to throw a Rapala today and he caught about a dozen LM bass about the size of Ian's:
1110ianbass-med.jpg

Yesterday we went carp fishing. Aaron caught one of them redhorse things
grin.gif
, a channel cat and a carp. Ian hooked the biggest fish of the day:
1110iancarp.jpg

Top Bottom