Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Biggest sprayer tank on atv?

Wi transplant

PMA Member
Ok question for you guys whats the biggest (gallon wise) you have put on an atv? Im thinking of upgrading to a 40 gallon from my 25 gallon sprayer ? Thoughts?

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

I have a 25 and rarely fill it above 20 due to steering effects when overloaded.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I have large 2 person arctic cat diesel but yes probably be hard on the machine with lots of use

My plots are all small - if I had larger areas to spray I might have a different opinion

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

I mean how much are you spraying? One time a year? 4 times? Is it on all the time? Are you using more than 25 gallons each spray?
I used to have a 25 gallon, and for what I was doing (4 different plots) it was enough. I have since updated to a 45 gallon 3 pt sprayer for my utility tractor to spray the yard, plots, spot spray fence lines, etc. It can stay on the tractor longer, I felt like was always taking the ATV sprayer on and off and if I didn’t use all the spray, made it heavier or had to empty first.

I had a 40 gal on an ATV. Brand new machine good shocks, tons of power.....It was definitely too much. If I only filled it to about 30 gals it made a huge difference. But it would handle the 40, I just wouldn't recommend it

I have a 60 gallon from sprayer specialties in Grimes - you can feel it back there on a Full size Polaris Ranger but it handles it fine.
I quite frequently have 2 or 3 people in the front and 2 or 3 big kids on the tailgate at Sporting clays events and it works great - these machines will handle some weight.

Ok question for you guys whats the biggest (gallon wise) you have put on an atv? Im thinking of upgrading to a 40 gallon from my 25 gallon sprayer ? Thoughts?

Going to a 4 gallon tank would be to much weight for the ATV. Best bet would be to get a larger garden trailor and put the sprayer in it , and get a longer hose for the spray gun handle for use while spraying fence rows. That or get a compact tractor with a 3 point lift and get a 60 gallon boomless sprayer with a PTO pump from a local farm store.

I have a 60 gallon from sprayer specialties in Grimes - you can feel it back there on a Full size Polaris Ranger but it handles it fine.
I quite frequently have 2 or 3 people in the front and 2 or 3 big kids on the tailgate at Sporting clays events and it works great - these machines will handle some weight.
He said atv, not utv. :)

Lol. Some refer to a UTV as an ATV. Out of extreme caution, and to cover the bases, I mentioned the Polaris UTV kicks 40 gallon tank ass!!

Water weighs about 8lbs per gallon. So that should give you an idea of how much weight your atv can handle.
25 gallons is all I feel safe with on atv. My utv handles my 60 gallon sprayer fine in the bed.

Top Bottom