Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Billy's Buck

buck1979

Our good Buddy Billy arrowed a fine Whitetail Saturday evening.

I wish we had a long story, and a mountain of history with the buck, but we simply don't. Short Story even shorter, we set a stand up for Billy, and have been watching the area since July. lots of "nice" bucks and Up and comers, and 5 days before Billy was able to make it out to hunt, this big feller showed up...
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>

PICT0190.JPG

The winds were wrong day 1 and our hunt started out rough with arriving at a different blind with no chairs in it... So I ignored my gut instinct to back out and we sat flat on the ground in the blind... on the leaves... 1 hour later, we had an encounter with a great buck...and blew it. Got Busted.
Day 2 the winds were right to go after the big feller at Billy's stand, and we crawled 20 feet up extra early. First a bunch of does made there way by, but swirling winds busted us and they scattered... Some time later, and down in the dumps, we both noticed the wind stop swirling and level out, perfect. Just then billy tapped me there was a buck 175yds off in the channel coming straight for us, I looked at him through the camera, and noticed the nearly touching beam tips and instantly knew this was the one Bill was after. Billy got ready, and after an eternity of watching the buck slowly make his way towards us he was at 15 yrds.... head on. Uh oh! He froze like that for 7 minutes it shows on the camera, staring under the stand to the open field, with Bill holding his excalibur up free hand and shaking (Fatigue, or excitement?) the buck twitched his tail and turned broadside and Billy did his job at 6:50 pm and sent an arrow through him! Definatly one of the most nerve racking hunts I have filmed, but fantastic footage. Congrats Billy, what a fine, unique buck!!!
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
>
Billys tight rack, nearly beam tip touching buck.

IMG_0264.JPG

From the front, not wide, but super beams and tines, classy Jumper!

IMG_02711.JPG

Billy, his lovely wife, and some ugly dude.
IMG_0275.JPG

CWT77.jpg

Top Bottom