Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bin Run Soybeans thru a No-Till drill?

Nontypcl1

I was able to get my hands on a bunch of bags of free bin run soybeans and some left over bags of seed from last year and was wanting to plant as soon as the field dries up enough. The only problem is that I only have access to a great plain no till drill and I'm worried that the debris in the bin run bags may clog up the drill. This will be the 1st time I've used this drill and I'm unsure how the bin seed will run through it.

Does anyone have experience with a GP drill and do you think there will be a problem running the bin seed through it? I suppose I could try and run the beans through a screen to help filter out some debris. Do you think that would do the trick?

I had luck pouring the beans from one 5 gallon bucket to another in a strong wind. That cleaned em up pretty good.

I don't think it will matter, they should run through good. I would just check my drill more often to make certain it has not plugged up.

It is my understanding that it is not illegal to save roundup ready beans to plant for food plots, It is only illegal to harvest them and sell them. And then only if you have signed a contract when you bought the beans. But I am not sure.

I had luck pouring the beans from one 5 gallon bucket to another in a strong wind. That cleaned em up pretty good.

I suppose I should have tried that yesterday instead of fishing in the gale force winds;) Not sure I would have been able to get the beans in the bucket though

It IS illegal to plant bin run RR beans, even if you don't plan to harvest them. You are still propagating the plant and the plant and it's genetics are patent protected. Wait until next year when the patent comes off and you can do as you please, just make sure they are RR 1 and not RR2 as version 2 will still be protected.

Geez, take it easy fellas. Nobody said they were RR beans. Even if they were I wouldn't be real worried that Monsanto is going to hunt me down on my 4 acre food plot and throw the book at me. :rolleyes:

Top Bottom