Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

binoculars

hold my breath while I look through them.
smirk.gif
Dont know what else to do when the temps drop

i have been trying to breath down, but nothing makes you more mad when a buck is comeing in, and you try to count his points, and FOG

I would say try to keep them as warm as you can until you need to use them. Maybe with a bino strap and leave them close to your chest inside your coat. Won't last forever, but it might buy you enough time to get a good look. Other than that, they do sell some anti-fogging sprays, but they don't work all that great and don't really last all that long either.
CRITR

[ QUOTE ]
I would say try to keep them as warm as you can until you need to use them. Maybe with a bino strap and leave them close to your chest inside your coat.

[/ QUOTE ]

I do the above, also breath thru your nose and not your mouth. This seems to help me some.

I think just the opposite of what CRITRGITR suggested. Don't allow them anywhere near warmth and hold them off your face as much as possible when looking. Minimal contact with heat seems about the best for me, but not perfect by any means. I would love to hear how everyone else tries to beat this annoyance.

See-clear glass cleaner. Works great, I use it on my eye glasses, scopes, binoculars & cameras. Last a long time also.

The reason your scopes and binoculars fog over when it's cold is because the open areas of your face that come in contact with the lenses give off moisture. Cold dry air allows your body to release moisture much more easily than it would on a humid day when the air is already saturated with moisture. Any time that moisture, be it from your nose, mouth, or your eyes, comes in contact with a surface that is colder than its origin, it condenses and forms small water droplets, thus the fogging. Theoretically, if you could keep your binocular lenses warm enough constantly, they'd never fog over. Hard to believe some manufacturing company hasn't developed the idea of heated lenses(battery operated.)
CRITR

One other thing, while keeping them warm will keep the moisture from originating in the first place, keeping your binos. outside of your jacket in the wind will help to quickly evaporate the moisture from your lenses. Kind of a no win situation I guess.
grin.gif

I agree with ironwood, I have had the best luck with keeping them out in the cold. They dont fog up as fast as they do when you have them in a warm coat then take them out in the cold.

Top Bottom