Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Binos

I have the Leupold Olympics and love them. What I really love is customer service. I am hard on equipment and let mine get all scratched up riding around in the console of my pickup. I had many things in there that rubbed and scratched the lenses really bad. I sent Leupold a letter stating that I would like to purchase new eye pieces because honestly it was my fault I let them get that bad. Three days later after sending them in I had a brand new pair no questions asked and free of charge. I think I paid $330 for them many moons ago. I have recently purchased the Badlands bino case and now make sure my glass is in that while riding around the pickup to save them from abuse. You can't go wrong with either three though. I have mine in 8x42 because I felt this was the best for me for bowhunting but in the summer months 8 power is a little weak. 10 power would probably be a best bet, but I do believe 8 power is better in low light. I always heard that if you take the objective and divide by the power you want it to be between 5 and 6 for best light. 8x42 yields 5.25 and 10x42s yield 4.2. I think if I went with 10 power I would step up to 10x50s......

I found what I think is a fairly good deal on Vortex Fury binos in Saskatoon. I'd rather not buy out of the U.S due to customs and shipping charges, a guy can add another 50 bucks for that. Anybody have experience with them in comparison to the monarchs? The place has both but the Vortex are a bit cheaper.

SaskGuy - I have the Vortex fury 10 x 42 and my brother has the Nikon monarchs 10 x 42. The first year I bought the Vortex I did a lot of comparisons to the monarchs to see if I had made the right decision on the purchase. I couldn't tell any difference between the two but I'm no optics expert. I don't think you can go wrong with either one.

That being said, I'm partial to my Vortex as I like the feel of them better while glassing. I've used them in Iowa and Colorado the past two years and have no complaints. A friend of mine purchased the fury last year and he likes them as well.

f you haven't done so, check out some bird watching websites as those folks really like their optics. Several of them had good things to say about Vortex a few years ago which is one reason why I ended up with the ones I did. Good luck with your decision.

Sask, you ain't gunna go wrong with the Fury's, my dad has a pair and I don't see much difference between them and my Monarchs other than my Monarchs have seen hardships that his never will! I have heard nothing but good things from Nikon customer service in regards to fixing things that broke, haven't heard anything positive or negative about Vortex.

I found what I think is a fairly good deal on Vortex Fury binos in Saskatoon. I'd rather not buy out of the U.S due to customs and shipping charges, a guy can add another 50 bucks for that. Anybody have experience with them in comparison to the monarchs? The place has both but the Vortex are a bit cheaper.

I got my vortex bins from the states and there is no duty on optics. I checked. Shipping was $30.00 US but I still did well.

haven't heard anything positive or negative about Vortex

Sent my Vortex Razors in the first week of December, had them back by the end of the second week. I had a broken diopter adjustment which would have been an easy fix, they just sent me a brand new pair...no questions asked. I only had to pay for shipping to Vortex.

I got my Zen Ray ED2 8X43's Friday. VERY nice glass. Lifetime transferable warranty. I am impressed and this is my 1st high end glass I have owned. Very clear and crisp images. They seem very well built too. I like. Here are some pics for you guys to see how what they look like, and what their size is. They come with a nice hard case that could be used as a bino case and I would think that you could hook this case up to a Crooked Horn bino system if you would like to. It uses zippers though. I have a Badlands bino case, and I can't emphasize how nice this Badlands is for taking care of something nice like these binos, a camera, rangefinder, cell phone, or whatever you want to use it for. They claim near waterporofness with the silent magnet seal and will def keep out dust.

1100r.jpg

bino5i.jpg

bino3.jpg

bino2.jpg

bino1.jpg

bino6.jpg

bino7.jpg

Last edited:
I use swarovski the price sounds outrageous but it is a life long investment and I would buy them again. In low light sitiuations there is not much compariable and by you the fields are so big you need the best.

I use swarovski the price sounds outrageous but it is a life long investment and I would buy them again. In low light sitiuations there is not much compariable and by you the fields are so big you need the best.
Yes, very nice I am sure. Expensive and out of price for most of us.
These are $400. Euro glass of this quality will run you $1500 and up though. These are made in China..imagine that. Lifetime transferable warranty. For those interested in high quality, AFFORDABLE glass, Click on those links and read. Vchris is very educated in fine glass and this is what he specializes in , and he is a friend of mine. His opinion and recommendation made me look at these. The bird watcher forum people like them too.

This is a good dealer if interested.
http://www.archerytalk.com/vb/showthread.php?t=916078

Top Bottom