Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Birds shying away from blinds?

You could always do what my dad did last year on the last day of the season. The birds were about 150 yards away strutting out in the bean field. It was last day last ditch effort so whats he do. Folds up his chair, picks up his blind about 3 inches above the ground and slowly walked into shooting range. Dropped the blind, poked the gun out the window and BOOM. Not sure if he would of gotten within bow range though. :)

I'd blame it on Limb and that bogus decoy he sold you.

I knew it was his fault!!!!!!!! He was grinning when I handed him the money!! Thought it was because he got what he paid for it!!!!!!!!:confused:

OH the Humanity!!!!!!!!!!!!:thrwrck::D

I would place one of my hen decoys right next to the blind.
Basically touching it. That way they think the blind is okay.

I would also add some movement to the decoys.

Let us know how it goes.
Good luck!!

I have picked my blind up more than once and moved it in on a bird. I like to call it my Wiley Coyotey move. It does work to get in bow range if your patient.

During our second season hunt my buddy was chucking out cashews to a hen right outside the blind and it really kept her around for quite awhile. Might be considered baiting though. :) She didn't seem to mind though since she stayed in the decoys for 3.5 hours.
982-henny.jpg

Last edited:
I would place one of my hen decoys right next to the blind.
Basically touching it. That way they think the blind is okay.

I would also add some movement to the decoys.

Let us know how it goes.
Good luck!!

Movement! Got out and shook my deke! They still run away!!!!!!!!!!:D

Saw a episode of Muzzy! He had a fan and head on a stick.... swayed back and forth! :thrwrck: :D Little motor that runs signs in your local grocery! :way: I kinda get that!!! :drink2:

Top Bottom