Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Birthday Turkey - and a surprise!

muddy

April 19, 1977... that's when I was hatched.

And every chance I get I take my birthday off to turkey hunt, it's pretty much state law by now. Anyway, I heard/saw lots of gobblers this morning and was pretty busy with the camera. I watched these two the other night and they came right up to my blind, only problem was it was not season just yet. I figured out where they liked to be and sat there this morning. They beat the crap out of 3 other gobblers and I knew that one of them had to go down to protect the integrity of my hunting ground. As 1030 came I knew I had to get it done as I had to take Abi to the doctor at 1130, on cue some brown little bird landed by me and all of a sudden it was game on as they came into Peepin Thomas. They beat Peepin Thomas up (go figure) and I let the bigger of the two have it. Great bird.

Then for a great cap to the afternoon we had our 20 week ultrasound to find out that baby #3 is 100% a boy! Not too shabby of a birthday if I do say so myself! Randy, sorry bud, I texted you the wrong location. Blame it on a sick kid and lack of sleep. I'm going to that aforementioned spot tomorrow! ;)

IMG_3179.jpg

IMG_3185.jpg

IMG_3232.jpg

IMG_3233.jpg

IMG_3236.jpg

IMG_3237.jpg

IMG_3309.jpg

IMG_3258.jpg

IMG_3312.jpg

IMG_3313.jpg

IMG_3314.jpg

Aren't April birthdays great! Looks like a real good bird. Got my bird on the 17th, a day late for my b-day. Sounds like your check up went well and to top it off.... boy parts! I can't explain how happy I was when I found out my 2nd was going to be dressed in blue. Once again, way to go and my doesn't life change quickly!

Congrats on the news from the ultrasound, Happy Birthday, and great hunt and photos. :way:

Happy birthday, Matt and congrats on a dandy bird! That's got to be pretty exciting to have a little boy on the way!

-Longspurs-

Top Bottom