Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Black Hills Success!

T

Tinks69

I connected on opening day at around 1815 hrs. I got them off of the roost first thing in the morning, but so did about three other hunters. I got so frustrated, every set up I tried someone would walk in on me. Deciced to go home for a while and try again in the afternoon. I set up in a group of oaks about 500 yds from where they were roosted earlier in the morning. About 5 minutes after I got set up, someone drove down the logging road and spotted my decoys thinking they were real. I guess he got the point when he saw me waving my hands. I started out calling with a few short yelps every 15 minutes. After the third series of calls I could hear a turkey putting in the woods and thought it was a group of hens coming my way, 5 minutes later he showed himself. I had my girlfriend with me and wanted her to get the shot, but he got hung up on a fencline and she wasn't compfortable with the distance so I dropped him in his tracks at 52 yds. He has 1 1/4 inch spurs and a 9 inch beard. A very good Hills turkey, and one I was very proud of. I will post a pic tomorrow!

How do I post a picture?
wstupid.gif
newbie.gif

Tinks69, here's a Link with the instructions. Give it a try . . . let me know if you have additional questions.

Thanks,
OneCam

Top Bottom