Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Black vs. Camo

Any thoughts on whether it matters if your bow is camo, black, mixed (camo riser/black limbs or black riser/camo limbs), snow camo, other camo color, pink polka-dotted? Assume in a deer/turkey hunting scenario, mostly regarding camo, black, or mixed, but thought I'd throw the others in there just in case someone has an opinion.

I have a black riser and snow camo limbs. I was really worried about it for turkey hunting from a blind. It has never been an issue for either deer or turkeys.
My brothers bow is all snow camo and he has no problems, it actually disapears against the sky from a deers point of view.
Ive never had a problem with any colors on my bow including some very bright colored strings.

I have shoot both all black and full camo..neither have been an issue. From a pride stand point , I'd probably stay way from the link polka dot.

I don't think it matters. I have a black bow.. I think the snow would be sweet if I could get it on a mathews haha..

I also don't think it matters. I have camo bows but for some reason am wanting to get a "blackout" bow next time around.

I have a black out Hoyt with flo orange strings and family and friends keep asking if the animals will see it.

My reply is by the time they see it an arrow should be zipping threw them. :) so I'm not worried. I just ordered the new carbon spyder black out with orange strings again.

I don't think it matters for deer as they are color blind. I think the black riser and camo limbs look sweet though. I have an Insanity and it is just all camo.

Sounds like it doesn't seem to matter. I just wasn't sure if it would make a difference being a solid color as opposed to camo to break up/blend in. Hopefully they aren't looking at it in a tree, so probably wouldn't matter as much there. But from the ground? Idk.

Sounds like it doesn't seem to matter. I just wasn't sure if it would make a difference being a solid color as opposed to camo to break up/blend in. Hopefully they aren't looking at it in a tree, so probably wouldn't matter as much there. But from the ground? Idk.

I've hunted mine from the ground without a blind and zero problems. In the right ground blind with a black interior while wearing black clothes- black would help more than camo as far as movement goes. Other than that, minimal difference. Its all about marketing.

I think moving when you're not silhouetted or the animal isn't looking your direction is more important than anything. I did have a situation where I was deer hunting on the ground in my ghillie suit and a flock of turkeys came in on me and came within 5 yds to check out the chartreuse fletching on the arrows in my quiver. I know for a fact that the lead hen saw the bright colors on the quiver leaning against the tree and came in closer to investigate. They had no idea I was there but that bright chartreuse color was like a beacon when at eye level with that group of turkeys.

Camo will probably be worth less, because camo is like clothing fashions. Today's camo will be so over, ten years from now.

Black is pretty easy to touch up, too.

Top Bottom