Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blade

SaskGuy

I've known of him for a few yrs since I scooped a decent high 50's 5pt out of a snowy field a fewyrs back, bladed g2. The following January I found the opposite side right beside a fence. It had the same bladed g2 and brow tine, it was a mid 60's shed. Last yr I stumbled on the right side, again by a fenceline, it was bladed up real good and at 70" was one of my best sheds of the year. I have always wondered about old "Blade" because I have never actually laid eyes on him and the vman finally captured him on a scrape this week. The pictures were taken on the opposite side of the river from which I found all three sheds and between 1 1/2 and 2 miles north. They sure do move over the course of the year. I'm rooting for the old timer, I'm guessing he's now 6 1/2 and not a huge scorer, but what a great buck. I am thinking that he's avoided the rifles for this long, he's got a good chance of doing it again.
robby_063.jpg

robby_033.jpg

robby_061.jpg

I think his body his huge and problably makes him looks like he would score lower than he really is. Still a great deer.

His right side scored 70 last yr and it looks to be better a bit in length this yr and mass so he could be a 170 gross buck. Weight wise, he is definately a pig. A guy can't help but admire an old buck like him that has evaded predators and hunters along with toughing out old man winter all those yrs. Boy I hope he lives and leaves me a shed.

Kaare, thats a great buck an those are beautiful pictures as well. That third shot is about as "classic whitetail" as it gets.

If that was my photo, it would be a framed 8x10 on my wall.

Good God! I agree with SEIowaDeerslayer....350. I live here in Iowa and we get some pigs.....but nothing like that. Sask deer are amazing, plain and simple. My neighbor and his wife hunt up there every year. He's got walls full of dead beasts and all the deer they harvest up there are a class onto themselves.

To tell you the truth....I'm pullin for the ole' man too. Amazing.

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Originally Posted By: dc240nt</div><div class="ubbcode-body">Kaare, thats a great buck an those are beautiful pictures as well. That third shot is about as "classic whitetail" as it gets.

<span style="color: #FF0000">If that was my photo, it would be a framed 8x10 on my wall</span>. </div></div>

I was thinking a life sized wall mural in the man cave! You are going to have one impresive photo album to go with your trophies if you keep that up Kaare! Awesome buck man! That third pic gives me goose bumps!

WOW, that's impressive. I wouldn't need to think twice about that one, and could care less on his overall score. What a pig.

You've got too many options Kaare, need any help? You can swing over to Lake of the Woods and pick me up sometime next week. I'll be up there fishing 10-25 thru halloween. /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Top Bottom