Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

blades for arrows

You might want to do a search on broadheads. There is a ton of information and reviews from the past on this site about broadheads. I personally don't shoot Muzzys but there are alot of diehard Muzzy shooters on this site.
smirk.gif

[ QUOTE ]
does anyone use expandables? has anyone tryed the spitfires??

[/ QUOTE ]

No, sorry, no expandable shooters on this site.
grin.gif
grin.gif
grin.gif
(Just kidding, Alan!) There are plenty of folks that shoot and swear by (or at) expandable broadheads. Personally, I shoot fixed blade G5 Montecs and Muzzy 3-blades. Both are great heads. There are a lot of other great broadheads out there too.

I've shot Thunderheads for a long time and they haven't let me down yet. But I don't think you could go wrong with Muzzy or G5's. I also know a lot of guys like Jackhammers.

Have shot thunderhead fixed blades in the past and liked how they shot out to 25yds or so. However, after that they seemed to get a little squirrelly in flight so I have since switched to Rocket Steelheads, love them as they fly identical to my field tips out to 40yds.

I will say that expandables are great and I know of several that use
Spitfires
grin.gif

But best fixed blade I have found yet is a 4-blade and not marketed through your large Outfitters.
These blades are SLICK TRICKS. They put the hammer down. Little steep at $22 for 3 but replacement blades are $10 and the owner of the company is great to work with.

Do like someone said and perform a search. Lots of good info on here about BH's

Above all Alan make sure your bow is tuned to shoot as well as it is capable... No arrow/broadhead combination will penetrate well if the arrow isn't going into your prey as straight as possible...
waytogo.gif

Archery Shops will usually just give you what they feel is the best, basically their opinion just like you have received here. If they dont have one brand they will try and sell you the ones they have.
When you decide on a broadhead especially if fixed, make sure they spin true with the arrow (No wabble or vibration when spin on fingure tips)(Watch out their sharp
grin.gif
)

ok know im gonna be tottaly lost..lol i just want to get one that will shoot good and kill a deer..may just have to make a trip north to cabelas some weekend..

I would suggest a local pro shop.
grin.gif

If you have one that is close. I learned everything from local pro shops plus helps keep them small guys in business.
grin.gif

Just so you know there is a lot more to bow hunting nocking the arrow pulling back and letting it fly. I though it was that easy but my arrow were flying were they wanted.
My center shot was off, cock vane was in the wrong place, broadhead out of tune with arrow shaft, wrong arrow shaft, shooting wrong spine of arrow. Lots to think about that is for sure

if you are in the market for a new head seriously consider Slick Tricks. Just a solid head and the new blades are some of the sharpest on the market! I really like these heads because there is no alluminum in the shaft, the blades are a little thicker, and they do indeed fly like field points! I would highly reccomend these to anyone, the damage is second to none! Good luck,
Jordan

The new Muzzy MX-4's were extremely popular this year. A little shorter design for all the new high-speed bows. Super durable and more reasonably priced than most of the new heads.

Top Bottom