Blast from the past...1999 sask buck

fullrut2

I took this pic from my buddies website.
I shot this buck in 1999 in pierceland, sask.the buck was weighed at 407 pounds.
the rack grossed 174.scary thing is the guy I was hunting with shot a 197 the next morning.
seems like a long time ago.
doug
saskbuck.jpg

ghost,
I came home from that hunt and 6 days later shot a 151 with a 9 1/2 inch drop tine.he got a snuffer to the back while chasin a doe.Funny thing was I was busted by does all morning long??? then at 10am the drop tine comes walking up the hill.I can still see it like it was yesterday.
dw

Looks like a Saskatchewan buck Doug.
grin.gif
Pierceland.......sometimes I drive over there for beer for a change of scenery.
grin.gif

saskguy,
how you doin??? man I miss coming up there brother! that whole meadow lake area and pierceland area is great.Some true giants walk that place.Out of 8 hunters that year my deer was the smallest! rack wise.they killed 2 over 200 nt.I really loved goin back in the bush for miles and miles on a quad and then it was like another world, nothing but you and the deer.I will be back some day maybe sooner than later.
doug

Doing good Doug, tired of old man winter but good. I knoe exactly what you speak of when you speak of getting way back in the forest. It is like a whole new world and one that you cannot understand unless you've done it. Maybe if you ever get back in the area you can stop by for a beer.
laugh.gif

What a hog! I'd love to shoot a buck of that caliber. The weight alone is impressive and then that rack is icing on the cake. Thanks for sharing.

Back