Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blaster and the OL man get it done!

Blaster

PMA Member
I have been taking my dad turkey hunting on second season for the last 7 years now. And he really loves going. He should! He's shot a bigger bird then me the last 6 years!;) Well this year i got him!:D Opening morning we had pretty bad luck. We had 2 toms hang up at 80 yards. So i decided to do a spot and stalk and the stalk worked imissedthe turkey at 20 yards. I took a page right out of the Thomas Allen book of turkey hunting!:D So we saw and heard alot of birds in this field, so we decided to leave the blind and come back and hunt it in the morning. About a hour into the sit we had a hen in our decoy spread and i heard a gobble. I looked behing the blind and here comes 2 toms and 2 Jakes. Dad had already told me he was shooting the first nice bird he saw. These birds did the same thing as the ones the day before. They would not come into our spread. After 30 min and the birds feeding just over a hill at 100 yards i looked at dad and told him i was going to try something new that a member on this site did. Sureshot had a video of stalking turkeys using a turkey fan. So i walked up over the hill with the fan. The Jakes saw the fan and there heads turned bright white and ran to me. Since there was a hill i made it back to the blind before they came over the hill. They stoped looked at the blind and turned around. Well i did the same thing 3 more times. Everytime i got back to the blind my dad was laughing his butt off. The 4th time the Jakes came right up to the blind and bird #1 was toast! I took the fan and ran up the hill to see if the toms were still there and they were. So i crawled with the fan and the toms went right back to feeding. I got to within 60 yards and the closest toms head turned white and he came another 10 yards. This is when i put the smack on him! Bird # 2 down! I could not believe how good this worked. When i got to my bird we had a little wrestling match and i managed to pull out half of his tail feathers. But he was a big bird! Weighing in at 27lbs. Here are some of the bird our group got.

Dad and my birds.
picture.php

Missing tail feathers!:D

picture.php

Corys bird

picture.php

Nates bird

picture.php

Each year it's a given that Blaster is gonna have a post about the successes of turkey hunting with friends and family. I commend you for spending time with your dad doing what you both love....that's something that you're going to remember forever. Way to go!

Top Bottom