Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

blazer vanes

lefty79

I've heard that blazer vanes do not shoot well using a whisker bisket rest is there any truth to this? I bought a new pse at the deer classic over the weekend and it came with that rest and am thinking of giving it a try insted of putting my other rest on from my old bow

I shoot blazers through a biscuit with no problems other than losing a few fps. Straight fletch or helical.... doesn't affect my accuracy one bit.

I shot blazer vanes through my whisker biscuit for 2 years. Didn't have a bit of a problem. Like anything, practice, practice, and make everything you do consistent each shot. You won't get quite the accuracy with a whisker as you would like a fall away but its darn close. It's nice to have your arrow secured by the rest like a whisker does. Its all in preference really.

Personally, I like the QAD Ultrarest. Best of both worlds when it comes to arrow containment and drop away accuracy. Pricey though.

I always heard that blazers were preferred through the biscuit, and I think NAP actually recommends the blazers. I think you're getting your leg pulled. Fletch them straight and you should have no issues. You'll run into more problems if you fletch them offset.

I use the nap quick fletch blazers through my whisker biscuit. Seems to be pretty accurate and deadly enough to put deer on the ground. And that's with a 10 year old or more pse nova.

I use NAP Quickfletch Twisters with whisker biscuit and don't seem to have a problem. Or at least don't know there is a problem. I just sight the bow in to shoot the equipment I use as accurately as I can get it. Haven't ever used a drop away to compare to.

Top Bottom