Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blazers and Fixed Blades

Phantom

PMA Member
Does anyone have experience using blazers and fixed blade broadheads? I'm considering new arrows this year and using the 2" blazers. I have several muzzy 3 blade heads to use. However, I'm also considering switching to mechanicals.

Any input would be appreciated. Thanks.

Phantom

Happy B-day Phantom. If it were me I would just make the switch and save some headaches. I guess that is up to you though. Have a great B-day buddy
grin.gif

Thanks for the birthday wishes DOR. Another year older but probably not any wiser!

I've read several posts about the Jakhammers (1 3/4") being lethal. I'm not a big fan of the o-rings though. I tried some 2" hammerheads on turkeys last year and had some issues with bow speed. I solved that rather easily, but expensive - purchased a new Switchback!

Those of you using Blazers, are most of you shooting mechanicals?

I shot muzzy's and blazers this year and didn't have any problems. I think you will be impressed. Give them a try!
waytogo.gif

Phantom,
Congrats on the new Switchback. I am going to have one soon myself. Don't be afraid of the JakHammers. They will penetrate very well. With that said, I have had good luck with blazers on GT Pros and the Montec 100 grain head. I have also tested thunderheads and they all shoot very well with the blazers. Shoot with confidence!
grin.gif
waytogo.gif

And BTW Happy Birthday...
waytogo.gif

Happy B-Day Phantom...
I've shot NAP Crossfires and JackHammers with Blazers. I had to adjust my sight with both, but not nearly as much with the JackHammers. Wasn't sure if I wanted to use a mechanical but they blew through the first doe I shot with them, she only ran about 25 yards before going down. Believe I will be "sticking" with them.

Thanks for the replies and birthday wishes.

I used the switchback last fall and really like it. Should have upgraded bows a few years ago. I've always been a little skeptical on the mechs as I've had such good luck with muzzy's. Both deer this year went down within 30 yards.

However, I hope to be chasing some prairie goats in CO next year and would definitely use mechs for the long range shooting. I thought I'd get comfortable with them this year before heading out.

Looks like I'll be scraping some coin together for new shafts and Jakhammers!!
smile.gif

I shot 4-blade Muzzy's with 2" Blazers this year and had no problems. Shot like field tips.

I used three blade Muzzys and two inch Blasers some this season. The Blazers kept the Muzzys flight very close to that of a field tip. With four inch veins and all else the same it required site adjustment to get the groups over the bullseye. About 6 or 7 inches off at 20 yards.

Hey i have seen you shoot and i have seen you hunt i think if i were you i would stick to a shotgun for the little racks you get.
confused.gif
blush.gif
laugh.gif
ooo.gif

Top Bottom