Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blazers or QuikSpins?

muddy

I am about to shake things up a bit and step away from feathers. Can't decide between the Blazers and QuikSpins. Any and all suggestions/comments welcome. Thanks.

Haven't tried QuikSpins, but Blazers have worked great for me, especially shooting them through a Biscuit.
waytogo.gif
Great broadhead flight. I know people have said that they have had adhesion problems with Blazers, but I haven't had a problem fletching them. Been shooting them for about a year now and have been working great.

I'm shooting Blazers through a Biscuit and have been really pleased with the results. Haven't had any adhesion problems at all using Goat Tuff on carbon arrows.

Don't have any experience with Quick Spins, so I'll leave that to someone who does.

of the two, blazers, hands down. i tried a set of the larger quickspins, and they wrinkled pretty bad, pretty quick. i do know people who like the smaller size quick spins.

i like flexfletch, very durable. i have heard some good things about vanetec. do some looking on archerytalk, loads of discussions on every kind of vane imaginable

I was a truflight feather guy til I shot an arrow with the blazer vanes. Made the switch. I would however, avaid the blazer wraps as I am going to have to redo all my fletching...outside film is peeling.

Can not comment on the the QS but I like the Blazers. I caused my drop away to drop slow to cause clearance problems. I then shot regular 4" vanes and watched them cork screw down range all the way, I then shot the Blazer and watched it cork screw around once flatten out and fly straight, shot after shot. I know it's not a real good test but it seemed to me the Blazers controlled the arrow better. Plus they're only 5 grains. My 2 cents.

i have'nt tried the blazers but the quickspins seem to make a little buzz noise when shot if you try them use the 2 1/4 size i think i have some laying around if you want to try them

I know that you did not ask about them but I highly recomment Flex Fletch. I have had them wrinkled to the point where I thought that they were not coming back and within 5 mins they were like new again. They fly great and very durable.

[ QUOTE ]
I know that you did not ask about them but I highly recomment Flex Fletch. I have had them wrinkled to the point where I thought that they were not coming back and within 5 mins they were like new again

[/ QUOTE ]

yep....seen it. that is what made me a believer

I've fletched a ton of arrows with blazers and there tough as nails. Great for the whisker biscuit. I'm not sure if it was on this sight or not but somebody did a test with them and 2" quickspins and the quickspins shot a couple inches lower than the blazers when he put broadheads on. Must have slowed them down a little. I've also heard they hum a little too. Blazers tune great with broadheads I never had to move a thing.

I shot all season with them last year and winter league this year. Same arrows and the blazers look like new. Never had a fletch come off once...

Thanks for the replies guys, after a similar post on Archerytalk.com I think I'm going to go with the Blazers.

I personally haven't tried either but when I get my new arrows I am going to prob. go with the Blazers..I have heard those Quick Spins aren't very durable and they are loud. Just what I am hearing!

Little update... one more believer in the Blazers. Put them on with a very slight helical and they fly awesome.

I definately recommend them.
waytogo.gif

Yeah, it's loud before it goes through them, and will be crunchy and need replacing after it hits the ground.
wink.gif
grin.gif

Top Bottom