Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blessed with a lifetime memory

bluedog69

Saturday night Wyatt and I were hunting out of “Karli’s tree”. It is a big oak with no tree stand. It will accommodate two hunters side by side. We stand on a limb that is about 7’ off the ground and sit on the other two limbs. (Perfect natural seat and foot platform)
Text book hunt. He spots does in switch grass about 100 yards out. They disappear and then the lead doe showed up at about 40 with no shot but worked her way into position at 20 yards.
My range finder said 29.(12 year old Leupold) Wyatt said hit her with mine it is only 19.7. Sure enough his Bushnell Broadhead was right. Mine was wrong and isn’t trustworthy anymore. I watched him draw and anchor his Stan Element resistance release. (Would he be able to stay composed and execute it?) He anchored, let off the safety, and pull pull pull THWACK! She exploded into the switch grass and about three seconds later I stopped seeing the 7 foot tall grass wiggling as she ran off. Then the excited shaking set in and the excited “man that was awesome “ followed!!!
All the sweating and hard work tuning his bow. Resighting his bow. Changing draw length. Retuning. Sighting in again. Moving his peep. Starting all of it over again. All of it became worth it. Well paid with a lifetime memory made. Dad and the boys on a successful “perfect hunt”.
Tackett just loves watching his little brother succeed with his bow!!! Really nice horse headed doe.Wyatt 2022.jpgWyatt 2022 2.jpg

Very cool. Well done. Can’t wait for my kids to get to the age they can start pulling a bow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you give some details on his set up? Draw, arrow, broadhead, etc.?
He is up to 45 Lbs now. Could pull more but I am leaving it there for now. QAD exodus 100 grains. Easton 5 mm axis. Twenty six inch draw I think.
Elite Basin bow
Stan element release
HHA Tetra sight
HHA dual stabilizer system

Two years ago he shot a doe at 10 yards perfect broadside with his PSE mini burn set on 26 lbs. 85 grain Montec. He got a complete pass through. A guy I know had his boys shooting does at 10 yards and getting pass throughs at 24 lbs. His advice was it has to be a perfect set up. 5 to 10 yards max! You will get pass throughs. So we gave it a try and he was right. Full pass through. 40 yard dash and crash.

Perfect bow tune is the most important aspect. Bareshaft flying straight out to 20 with a 9 year old. Tackett can shoot bareshafts at 40 just as good as fletched. That is when you know you are tuned.

Top Bottom