Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blind dimensions

Daver

PMA Member
I am seriously considering building a permanent blind for turkey hunting with plywood, siding, shingles, etc. Does anyone have a good set of plans and/or basic dimensions that they could share so I can get some good ideas going. I have most of the materials for free already.

Priorities: 1. Impervious to TICKS! 2. Rain repellent roof. (I have some leftover black shingles to use already.) 3. Big enough to use for bowhunting those sly toms. 4. Long enough to lay down in and get a nice nap in.
grin.gif
5. Big enough for 2 guys let's say.

Actually, #4 should be #1 and #1 should be #2 and so on...
grin.gif

Need to get deadeye to post pictures of the turkey blind we built several years ago. We just used fence posts and hog wire fence, wove trees and stuff into the fence and put a tarp over the top of it every spring. Baby is NICE!

Impervious to ticks? GOOD LUCK!

haha I dunno what impervious even means. Are you going to have it off the ground like a foot or two?

This is all you need for those darned old ticks. It lasts 4 weeks or so even with several washings. I've watched many a tick crawling up my pantleg and by the time they get to my knee they fall off dead. Oh, just make sure you wear a mask when you spray, and DON'T get it on your skin.

i516902vr01.jpg

[ QUOTE ]
......Impervious to TICKS!.....

[/ QUOTE ]

I was gonna share this a few weeks ago but forgot. I know lots of you abhor ticks. Two of my co-workers had ticks this year in DECEMBER! One guy from deer hunting and another from walking her dog. Ticks in December, whats next? Gators in Ghost's pond?

The 'Bonker

You guys are all a bunch of comedians!
grin.gif
I especially like the submission by Pharmer, a real fixer upper! I would be afraid to fall asleep in that one because I would prbably wake up upside down after the "support" collapsed.

Any serious comments out there?
smile.gif

Pharmer's looks like its sitting on top of an old support for a fuel tank. I think if it'll hold a 200 gallon fuel tank it would hold you.
confused.gif

I googled tree house plans and play house plans. Turned up lots of hits. Any google search with blueprints generated sites wanting to sell the plans. I figure a kid's backyard play house might be similar to what you would be looking at.
Play house

This is 5x7, 7' tall in the front and 6' at the rear. The shooting windows are 41" from the floor. The finished picture is still in the camera. Didn't shoot enough deer to finish the roll.

999Blind-med.jpg

Dave you to stop by and look at mine. Even if you don't care for it it would give you some ideas.

Mine are octagon shaped made from 6 sheets of treated 1/2 plywood...each 33" wide.

They are 7 feet tall (you could go 8 ft)with 9"x20" vertical swinging windows. Some of which I tint.

I use a treated wood top with shingles but steel roofing works better/lasts forever.

They are made for bowhunting but work well for gun as well.

Two can sit in it but it's made for one.

Great for all weather and you don't need a harness if you fall asleep
blush.gif
grin.gif

Top Bottom