Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blind for old boy

Wildturkey 2

What’s the cheapest & easiest way to build a 6 x 6 blind out of wood just got to leave it on the ground. Guess it doesn’t necessarily have to be made out of wood.

2x4s and osb sheating just give sheating 2 coats of good exterior paint/ camo and water proof the roof last long time

Sent from my SM-G996U using Tapatalk

2x4 , pallets, ribbed steel, any time you order steel they send cover sheets that protect the paint, usually a different color than ordered, find at lumber yards, cheap

Hard to find cheaper ones, but at the time I bought the vinyl slider windows from Menards versus the ones I made from plexiglass in my 1st blind. They don't leak and keeps the inside dry. I've seen some used windows for sale that would good too. At the time I only paid $25 for the windows. Set it off the ground with a couple 4 x 4 will help to keep the floor dry. If you know anyone with some of that grey house wrap, staple it to the frame before adding the sides. That stuff will help to keep the rain and wind out. You can use OSB on the roof, but I'd either shingle it or cover it with steel sheeting to shed the water and make a 12" overhang all the way around. Use a piece of metal trim over the windows for a drip edge, will help keep the water out.

Hard to find cheaper ones, but at the time I bought the vinyl slider windows from Menards versus the ones I made from plexiglass in my 1st blind. They don't leak and keeps the inside dry. I've seen some used windows for sale that would good too. At the time I only paid $25 for the windows. Set it off the ground with a couple 4 x 4 will help to keep the floor dry. If you know anyone with some of that grey house wrap, staple it to the frame before adding the sides. That stuff will help to keep the rain and wind out. You can use OSB on the roof, but I'd either shingle it or cover it with steel sheeting to shed the water and make a 12" overhang all the way around. Use a piece of metal trim over the windows for a drip edge, will help keep the water out.
Ok thanks guys

Top Bottom