Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blind question...need thoughts

sethgade280

:way:Long story short......my muzzleloader's scope rings had a screw pop out and I ordered a new piece. The problem is that I will be using it this Saturday and if the part don't come tomorrow, I won't be able to shoot it and make sure the scope is still on.

My question is..............how long should a blind sit before the deer get use to it? I have some target bucks entering a standing bean field and my stand is approx 75 yds from where the deer normally feed. No stand locations closer, but I have a terrace with smaller trees that I could set out a blind tomorrow night. 75yds isn't too far, but I will be using my other muzzy with open sights and I would feel better having them a little closer....45 to 50 yds. If I place the blind out tomorrow night, will the deer mind it on Saturday? Dont want to screw up the movement.

ps. I am in Wisconsin so yes the gun hunting is over and muzzy is going on right now. Thanks for your responses.

I would bet if you get your blind out there tomorrow and hide as good as you can, you'll probably be fine. Cant just go to your local gun shop or scheels or whatever you have in wi and get a replacement screw?

Obviously the sooner you can get it out there the better. But from my experiences, deer will naturally skirt away from the blind about 45-50 yards. Any closer than that, and they get skittish on a freshly set blind.

Can you brush it in with existing branches or even cedar branches (any cedars nearby)...works great if you can.

Good luck!

I called Weaver and the screws are coming. Should be here tonight and I can blast and make sure it is on. I would feel comfortable at 50 yds but 75-100yds I just am not. Thanks guys.

If you dont get it fixed and have to use the backup gun, I wouldnt risk taking a blind in on a days notice if its an almost sure thing these bucks are coming out every night. At most I would just brush myself in with the natural surroundings on this terrace you speak of. Hand fulls of grass and acouple sticks go along ways, Its not nearly as confy, but who cares if you no the bucks will be there.

Top Bottom