Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blind question

Pupster

Okay I have a question for all of you blind users.

I have an area that is basically a bean field surrounded by thick brush, the turkeys enter this field at different locations everytime. The only common thing is that they always end up right in the middle of the field. I will be taking my son tomorrow morning and by the looks of some of these photos it appears that I could set a blind up right in the middle of the bean field.

Now I don't typically hunt from a blind so I'm inexperienced at set-up, but with the circumstances, birds in the middle of a bean field and taking my 7 year old I think a blind will be best.

What do you think? Pop it up right in the middle of the field???

Pupster

Yup. The turkeys won't care. Just pop it up and wait. Limit how many windows you have open and you should have a good shot.

Just make sure that you don't have the windows straight across from each other open, otherwise it will let light in and the turkeys can see you. Like gunnerjon said, limit how many are open also. I also try and avoid having the windows open that are facing sunrise if at all possible. Good luck
waytogo.gif

for some reason Turkeys dont take notice to a blind....However, when you are out in the open keep your movement down to a minimum, and id recommend wearing black.....
N-I-N-J-A (is that spelled right??) gear...
grin.gif

I'm gonna feel like a turd on a plate out there but I'll take your advice and give it a whirl. I'll set out a few dekes and see what happens.

Pupster

That just amazes me! I've tried a bow hunting deer in a blind before, had it all brushed in and the deer still didn't like it. Obviously turkeys are a whole different game.

I smaked a gobbler opening day of first season (there were 3 toms on the property) I know there are 2 left so hopefully the turkey Gods will be looking out for my son and I. I'll let you know how it turns out.

Pupster

Top Bottom