Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blind Scent Control?

Greywolf

For all you guys using pop-up blinds to bowhunt this fall - What are you planning to do for scent control? I figured I'd leave mine outside in the yard during season, spray it down with scent blocker and maybe some doe urine. Any other ideas?

I put mine in the kids pool and used Sports wash to remove scent, I put it up out in a field away from the house, dogs, kids, etc. and then when dry I kept it in a trash bag with a couple of cedar branches in there. When I set up to hunt, I spray it with ScentKiller Fall and some Deer Dander. I also have hung a small scent rag inside with Tinks on it to help cover my scent if the wind is blowing. I left it set up the last week of the season this year and couldn't hunt that week. When I went out to pick it up it was knocked over, my seat and rattling antlers were dragged 10-15' away and the ground where I was sitting was torn up really bad with a big scrape. I'd never seen anything like that before! You can bet I'll do the same thing in the same place this year, except I will be in it!!
John

Putting an attractant scent in or on a blind would be counter productive. Put it 10-15 yards away and it will work better. You don't want a buck inspecting your blind due to the scent. Go sent free or use a cover scent not an attractant.

Last season I had deer walk right up to my blind, plenty close to kill. Seems the attractant could also act as a cover scent.

Top Bottom