Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blind Sow Hypothetical Question

BugleMIn

This is hypothetical based on the Locked Bucks in Tama County. Apparently this case was during shotgun season and you could party hunt and same guy shoot both bucks and use someone elses tag.

But what about a male bowhunter during bow season finding a pair of locked bucks and shooting one, the other is dead from exhaustion or whatever. Could a guy have his wife buy a tag in her name to put on the second buck that was already dead? This is provided the deer are not moved or transported until both tags are on the deer? The hunter only killed one deer. The wife didn't kill any but could transport one with her tag?
Or how would that work? Interesting dilemma.

You'd be hardpressed to find a hunter wanting to forfeit the dead second deer to the state. Somehow it surely could get tagged by somebody.

Good question; a guess on my part would be shoot the live deer and tag that one then with out moving them find a DNR officer to give you a salvage tag for the second one if it is already dead. If the second one is also alive I think you are going to need another licensed hunter with a tag to shoot that one. My only other thought on that would be how good is the meat in those two deer or is that the only way to salvage something out of them with out letting them go to waste? Al

Top Bottom