Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blindless bow hunting turks

Thinkin Rut

PMA Member
Has anyone tried this? It would seem this would be the ultimate challenge. A couple of huge Oaks would come in handy!

THINKIN RUT,
When I first started to hunt these birds with a bow I didn't use a blind. However, I did sacrifice the perfect spot for a little cover. I would have never considered setting up like I do for shotgun. I killed two birds without blinds and then chose comfort. I still won't hesitate to leave my blind if there is a hot bird that I know is gobbling in an area that has a good place to set up without one. Or I just feel like being outside...

I have also used a homemade blind that I made out of chicken wire and reed grass. I tied the reed grass to the chicken wire with bale twine and then used some aluminum dowls to stabilize it. It was tall enough that I could sit in front of a tree and still hide. When I thought a bird was committed I would get on my knees and still be hidden enough that he could not see me. When I needed to move I could roll it up and use a bungee cord with a rope for a shoulder strap and I was off. I still use it once in a while if I go by my self which is not very often anymore.

Any way there is advantages and disadvantages to both. I tend to like the comfort of a blind but have trouble deciding where the gobbling is coming from and there is just something about being in the fresh air that is nice.
grin.gif

Top Bottom