Blindless bow hunting turks

Thinkin Rut

PMA Member
Has anyone tried this? It would seem this would be the ultimate challenge. A couple of huge Oaks would come in handy!

THINKIN RUT,
When I first started to hunt these birds with a bow I didn't use a blind. However, I did sacrifice the perfect spot for a little cover. I would have never considered setting up like I do for shotgun. I killed two birds without blinds and then chose comfort. I still won't hesitate to leave my blind if there is a hot bird that I know is gobbling in an area that has a good place to set up without one. Or I just feel like being outside...

I have also used a homemade blind that I made out of chicken wire and reed grass. I tied the reed grass to the chicken wire with bale twine and then used some aluminum dowls to stabilize it. It was tall enough that I could sit in front of a tree and still hide. When I thought a bird was committed I would get on my knees and still be hidden enough that he could not see me. When I needed to move I could roll it up and use a bungee cord with a rope for a shoulder strap and I was off. I still use it once in a while if I go by my self which is not very often anymore.

Any way there is advantages and disadvantages to both. I tend to like the comfort of a blind but have trouble deciding where the gobbling is coming from and there is just something about being in the fresh air that is nice.
grin.gif

Back