Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blinds + digital trail cameras

scout

Blinds. I plan to get one soon. My youngest daughter seems interested. So I'm planning on spring turkey.
I don't think I need a Double Bull. I like quality and know you pay for it. Are the cheap-o blinds a rip off or can you get 3-4 years out of them with light use? Looking @ Ameristep Doghouse.

Cameras - I see Gander Mt. has 1.3 MP Stealth Cam on sale for $180.00
That's $100.00 of reg. price I suspect a better model has been offered due to the price drop. I comes with a "free" card reader. Whats that? I'm guessing a deal that allows you to view the images without removing the camera or media.

hey scout I had the Stealth cam digital and it is a battery hog. In the late summer the batteries would barely last a week. Other than the battery prob it is the best camera that iv tried. I still have yet to find one. After the stealth cam I bought a leaf river and the trigger speed is way too slow. So then i got the Cuddeback. It would take pictures at night without the flash. Also i watched a decent buck walk right by it and it didnt get the pic. I was mad! The stealth cam is the best out of the 3 especially for the $ but it eats the batteries. if they could fix the battery problem it would be a great camera! Hope this helps.

My first year with a portable pop-up blind. Purchased an Ameristep "Outhouse", the teepee type. Was so impressed that I bought two more. Plan on sealing the seams for next years hunts. One piece of advice is to not seal up the windows at night. Next morning the warm air will fog your bino's/scope. Digital cameras are only as good as what you pay for. I have a couple "TrailMac's" that are easy to use, light wieght, and easy on batteries. I get 3-400 pics on a single 6 volt that runs the camera and brain, while a single 9 volt runs the senser. I've had it in the woods for upto 1 1/2 months and still had battery left even though there were a few hundred pics taken. I'm checking them in the morning after three weeks in the winter cold, we'll see how this works.

Top Bottom