Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Blinds

2dblind

we're looking to get a couple more blinds for next year. do any of you guys have some blinds that you are especially happy with? if so I'd love to know which ones make the grade in your opinion.

I should of made it clear. we're looking for permanent kinda blinds. ones we can leave outside all year. not decided if tower blinds are the way to go or to leave them on the ground.

Lick Creek! Sponsor on this site as well but has nothing to do with why I highly recommend them

2dblind said:
I should of made it clear. we're looking for permanent kinda blinds. ones we can leave outside all year. not decided if tower blinds are the way to go or to leave them on the ground.

I always used permanent blinds but two years ago I built my own tower blind. I now have 6 of them! I love hunting out of my towers and will probably not put another blind on the ground. I have the view of a 15-20ft tree stand but the scent control and luxury of a blind.

I always used permanent blinds but two years ago I built my own tower blind. I now have 6 of them! I love hunting out of my towers and will probably not put another blind on the ground. I have the view of a 15-20ft tree stand but the scent control and luxury of a blind.

How did you build yours? Any details?

we have one that we built last year but, the only thing is with it that just in materials we have almost 700 into it. thats not counting our time. this is pretty elaborate and built really well. for that reason we are seeing what is out there that is ball park the same price range which we will add some $ to it to account for our time.

I would rather have a tower blind but my dad is more of the ground kinda guy because he likes to be able to turkey hunt out of it if need be with a kid or beginner. I myself prefer the tower and propping up against a tree for thunder chickens.

Ill take a look at the above mentioned blinds but by all means if anyone else has recommendations keep them coming.

You can build them waaay cheaper than buying one commercially. Here's a permanent tower blind we built a number of years ago. Not real tall (6' or so) but we've enjoyed many successful hunts out of the "Camo Condo". I'd guess we have somewhere around $600 and a bunch of hours tied up in this one.

P1020559.jpg

Recently we've started making wagon blinds for portability purposes. They're not as roomy, but still plenty big for 2. Here's the most recent one we built. We have the wagon frame for another and hope to have it ready before turkey season. Found some scrap steel at the lumber yard for little or nothing and some old dimension lumber laying around too, so this one probably doesn't have much more than $300 in it...

P1050552.jpg

NWBuck

I took an old running gear and had a local welder make a frame 10 ft off of it. Built a 6x6 blind using shadow hunters window kits with metal roof. If you are going to be moving a long way i would not go that high. I only move 50 to 100 yards. But at 12 ft high to the floor it works great.

singlecoyote said:
How did you build yours? Any details?

Mine are 6'x6' 2x4 frames wrapped in 1/2" treated plywood. The legs are 15' 4x4s with 2x4s for bracing. Ill see if I can find a picture or two to post.

Top Bottom