Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

blinds?

bjkpharmd

I've got a DB T2 that I use most of the time but since I pretty much hunt the same 3-5 spots on my place I would like to build a couple blinds in favored spots. Kids will be old enough to tag along in the next couple years. Anyone have good plans for built or assembled on site blinds?

give me a call pharmer, deadeye and i have built some pretty darn good blinds. they''re permanant but they work great.

My buddies and I have really had some good success using blinds the last few seasons. We build ours out of cedar limbs and just stack them up around the base of a tree. Works absolutely great. We do some scouting a week or so before the season and re-build or build new blinds near roost sites. We use the same cedar blinds to deer hunt out of as well. One particular blind I shot a big tom in the spring then filled antlerless tags during late season.
You can't go wrong if you put a blind where the turkeys naturally want to go....for us, it is usually along field edges.

We have an open field edge where the birds like to come out off the neighbor’s timber. To hunt it we made a large birds nest that we just crawl into and sit on the ground. It’s constructed out of limbs, logs and leaves. Works great for gun hunting, but I am not sure if there is enough concealment to draw a bow.

I'm thinking of something with plywood or siding to keep the weather out. I have seen plans for a duck blind that might adapt. Figured I didn't need to reinvent the wheel.

i have an ameristep blind, it is extremely easy to move and set up would recommend this to anyone
peace.gif

I have just purchased a DB T2 blind and can't wait for turkey season. Anybody have any tips for set up and use?

with the T2 get some tent stakes. also, make sure you set the T2 up so that the sun is hitting the big mesh window.

I can't agree with the tent stake idea more. You for sure need one for the front if not more because stretching the front out will give you more room in the blind and you need it fairly tight if you plan on shooting through it.

I don't like setting it up with the big mesh window in the sun. Reason being is if you have one come in from a different direction and you have to open a back window and sit in front of the mesh, then turkeys can see you move against the mesh easier. Plus so see the blind material more if it is in the sun. If it is in the shade you can see out of it easier.

the reason for setting up facing the sun is because the sun will reflect off the window material and you can move more. double edged sword, damned if you do damned if you don't. the places that i set up i only plan on shooting in one or two directions. good luck

Top Bottom