Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bluff Country Bucks

Tyler2004

halversonboysbucks_007.jpg

My brother was able to tag one of the big tens on that we located during the summer. He was hunting downwind of a doe bedding area and at 10:30am this nice ten came through looking for a doe. Shot him low and back at 15 yards, we searched the next day for 5 hours and didn't find him. Then 6 days later we walked 20 yards from where we left off and there he was! A very nice ten with baby browtines, I love his big G4's.
It was Nov. 25 and it was my last day I was able to hunt until shotgun season due to working in the retail world. I hunted hard all season long and had plenty summer pics of nice big mature bucks but come season I didn't have many encounters with any of them. Well I got into my new favorite spot on Public Land and it was 7:30 in the morning and just a perfect Nov. morning, if anyone remembers the 25th. It was a good frost cold calm and just perfect. I was hunting a bedding area was is very thick. I was hoping to get deer coming from the cut corn to their beds. Anyways a doe and a really nice eight came over the hill headed toward the thicket behind me. He was pushing her around but we headed the wrong way. I look up where they came from and there he is standing there with the sun shining on his monster frame. He pushed the other buck away from the doe. THey were headed the wrong way still so I tipped the CAN over twice but he only looked and continued on his way. So then I snort Wheeze with my mouth once and he stops and looks my way, as he is looking my way I do it again and the turns on the dime and walk about 8 yards from the base of my tree letting me get a good double lung on him. He ran about 50 yards before he crashed. I couldn't have been happier. Living proof that all the hard work pays off sooner or later, just have to stick it out
halversonboysbucks_019.jpg

halversonboysbucks_021.jpg

Wow Congats! A couple of hawgs for you and your brother. Awesome! Oh and don't you know you can't kill big bucks on public ground... /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

Awesome! Congrats to you and your brother! That snort-wheeze has been working well for many people this year! Way to get it done!

<div class="ubbcode-block"><div class="ubbcode-header">Quote:</div><div class="ubbcode-body">just have to stick it out </div></div>

That you did and it sure paid off! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Congrats on a couple great bucks guys! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/smile.gif

Either one of those bucks would make me happy as a pig in slop. Great job and congrats, you only post a few times a year and one of those posts has a PIG laying in the dirt!

congrats guys!!!!

looks like it was a great year!!!!
/forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif

Congrats on some nice deer! Iowa I take it? If so, remember the new law, tags on the antlers, not on the leg like that top photo

Top Bottom