Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Boat Makeover Project

180class

Well since things seem to be pretty slow around here until trail cam season takes off a little more, I thought I would start a post documenting my jon boat makeover project that I'm currently working on. I figured since the water levels in my area are making it pretty tough to fish right now, I would start this project that I've been meaning to do for a couple of years. This is my 14' river runnin beast. I've had her since I was in high school and she has been good to me, but she's in desperated need of a makeover. I started grinding the paint/rust off the trailer last week and I should be finishing that up tonight. (more pictures to come) After the prep work is all done, I'll repaint the trailer and run all new electrical and lights. Recarpet the bunks and add some teflon bunk pads to make loading and uloading that much easier. After the trailer is done, I'll move to the boat, where I'm gonna re-deck and carpet the bow, stearn, floor and bench seats. I'm running all new electrical throughout which will run 6 cabin lights, a 12 volt spotlight receptical and possibly a new depth finder. I'm also adding pedestal mounted seats and doing away with the bench mounted ones I have now. All and all it's turning into a pretty fun little project that is keeping me somewhat sain since I can't hunt or fish much at the moment. Here are a few pictures so far. There will be more to come as the project progresses.

As is....
DSC00990.JPG

DSC00991.JPG

DSC00987.JPG

DSC00988.JPG

Hardware stripped off and the tongue grinded down.
DSC00993.JPG

Lookin good! been there before!!! /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/grin.gif

keep the process pix comin!!!!

Well after taking a few nights off, I got back at it last night. I got the entire trailer stripped down and prep for paint.
DSC01004.JPG

DSC01006.JPG

I had some company that showed up and acted almost curious as to what all that noise was coming from the garage. You can't tell by the pictures because they were taken with just a standard digital camera, but these two slowly made their way to within about 100 yard of my garage.
DSC01010.JPG

DSC01007.JPG

After running back and forth between the garage and the house to help my wife with the kids and enjoying a few beverages, I only managed to get the tongue of the trailer primed last night. I'll prime the rest of the trailer and possible put the finish coat on the tongue tonight.
DSC01012.JPG

DSC01013.JPG

I plan on having it all painted and put back together by the end of the weekend. I'll also have the new bunks put back on and I'd like to get the new electrical ran as well, but that may have to wait until next week.

Good post! Keep showing us the progress. That rig will be better that new after you're through!

It is a lot of fun getting into that stuff. Me and a buddy just finished his 16 footer and can't believe how well it turned out. Used polymax board for decks and floor and aluminum angle iron for the framework. Phenomenal how much weight we cut. I'll have to put up some pics when I get a chance, maybe it'll give ya an idea or two (doubt it)...good luck!

Looks like a great project.

Let me know if you need any help thinning out that asparagus patch next spring /forum/images/%%GRAEMLIN_URL%%/cool.gif?

I have nearly the exact same project waiting for me that I started last summer.....thanks for reminding me!

Looks great so far!

Top Bottom