Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bobcat Resurgance in Eastern Iowa!

Maggs

Our local paper today ran an article and some pictures about two separate bobcats that were trapped in Jackson County on the same day in different ends of the county. Seems as though they are making quite a comeback here as well as southern Iowa. Both were released unharmed. Then I went to my folks house for lunch and Dad said my first cousin trapped one this winter as well in the east central part of the county. His was released unharmed as well so that makes three! I remember when I was thrilled to see my first wild turkey and my first coyote; now I'm eagerly awaiting my first bobcat. Is this a great State or what? Maggs.

Maybe one of the administrators can add "cat" behind bob in the title for me and delete the 2nd copy of this post. Thanks. Maggs

A friend and Myself got a bobcat on our camtrakker a few years ago around the Decorah area. It sure suprised us.

The pictures below are taken from a camtrakker. These are the pictures antlerman was referring to. The landowner had seen a bobcat around for a few years. And since we hadn't seen it we were doubting as to whether or not they were actually in the area.

bobcat.gif

[This message has been edited by MN Hunter (edited 01-09-2002).]

Top Bottom