Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bobcat

drewbe

went to southern iowa for 2 days a couple weeks ago to try to catch a bobcat. and believe it or not i did snag one. a big 30lbs male. here is a pic. my first picture post may need help.
picture.php

picture.php

picture.php

Last edited:
I can't see the pic, but congrats. I struck out this year. All the mud played havoc on my dirt trapping. This would have been the year for conibears or snares.

yeah, i did what i could with dirt trappin, snagged a couple coons and a red in dirt holes. hammered em in snares tho. caught 20 coons 1 fox 1 beaver 1 badger and 1 bobcat. not bad for 40 sets and 2 nights. really didnt care if i caught coons our not was after my first cat ever and got the job done. i was very pleased with the catch! enjoy. finally figured the pics out.

Awesome cat. I am from Wisconsin, but I own land in Taylor county. How does one get a permit for cats, or are they restricted in that area??

sethgade280. all you need is a habitat stamp and a fur harvester license. you can shoot them our trap them in designated counties (bottom 2 tears of iowa) there is a qouta of 200 and a 48 hour grace period after qouta is filled. season starts the first saturday of Nov. (trapping season). if you get one you call your local dnr officer and the meet you to tag it.

yea he is very pretty he will look good mounted

p.s. that is a taylor county cat

Last edited:
I'm pretty sure you don't need a fur harvesters license as long as you're a landowner on your own property....correct me if i'm wrong.

I'm pretty sure you don't need a fur harvesters license as long as you're a landowner on your own property....correct me if i'm wrong.

You are correct. I checked my cat in last year without a fur harvesters license, and just explained that I trapped it on my land.

Man that is one awesome cat.:way: I caught an average female last year...not near that big, but she still looks nice mounted.

yes i am getting him mounted. and i caught him in a snare on a "crick crossing" trail near a couple large brush piles. found lots of tracks there figured he had a den in brush pile.

Last edited:
very cool, i want a mount of a kitty like that too!

Beautiful animal!!

Congrats, that is a beautiful Tom!! Trapping bobcats is one of my favorite hobbies during the winter. I will be setting cat traps in the next couple weeks, and I can't wait!!!

Top Bottom