Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bohning Blazer Wraps

mmatthes90

I recently purchased the Blazer Wraps, because the were recommended with the vanes. After shooting the arrows for the last 3 weeks, I now have two arrows that need to be redone. In both cases the vanes pulled, wraps and all, away from the arrow. Neither time was the damage attributed to hits from other arrows. I was just curious if anyone else had experienced such problems. I'm very displeased with what has happened and currently have an email in to their customer service. I'll let you know what turns up.

Hey Mike, congrats on the PMA membership! Haven't messed with the wraps, but do like the Blazers!
waytogo.gif

Have not had that happen but did you clean the arrow shafts before applying the wraps? Any kind of oil will cause poor adhesion.

I uses blazer wraps before I went to the free scraps you can get from decal shops and didnt have a issue with them sticking.

make sure you dont glue the vane too close to the end of the wrap. Itll pull right up. 2 of mine also did.

I've always used normal wraps then glue the fletchings, be it vanes, feathers, or blazers, right down on the wrap. So long as everything is clean I havn't had an issue unless it was of the first prototype iowawhitetail wraps that have been phased out.

I used Bohning Glue. This is what they looked like before the damage.
7659Blazer.jpg

I called their customer service and they are sending me replacement wraps and vanes. and they are even throwing in more glue! So hopefully it doesn't happen again.

[ QUOTE ]
I used Bohning Glue.

[/ QUOTE ]

Hmmm....

I guess the only advice that I can offer is that I've been shooting Blazers for two years nows. Some of my arrows have wraps and some don't. I've never had a vane come loose using Goat Tuff adhesive. I also put a dab of adhesive on the leading and trailing edge of the vane (where it meets the shaft) for just a little extra "insurance".

I shoot blazer with Iowa Whitetail wraps and never had a problem. Plus they look really cool!

[ QUOTE ]
So long as everything is clean I havn't had an issue unless it was of the first prototype iowawhitetail wraps that have been phased out.

[/ QUOTE ]

Were the wraps with the flames the ones that have been phased out? I just got some recently and haven't even shot them yet, but the wraps don't seem to be sticking to the black part of the wrap.

No, the wraps I'm talking about had other issues and my meaning they've been phased out is that that batch of wraps are all used up.

Black part of the wrap?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Black part of the wrap?

[/ QUOTE ]

Black part of the wrap being the end of the wrap with the black flames on it.

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah that's it. The wraps are peeling up, but only on the front where it's black. Anyone else have this problem?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Black part of the wrap?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]
Yeah that's it. The wraps are peeling up, but only on the front where it's black. Anyone else have this problem?

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird, that shouldn't be happening, how long ago did you purchase these wraps?

I've been using Blazers and their wraps for a couple years and rarely have had any problems. I NEVER clean the arrow wrap before the vanes is put on. I think all the alcohol based cleaners screw up the chemical on the blazer base and the glue can't react properly to adhere to it. Literally, I just slap them on, put a dab on the front of it (because of the Whisker Biscuit) and I'm done.

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
Black part of the wrap?

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Weird, that shouldn't be happening, how long ago did you purchase these wraps?

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been noticing a similar thing with mine that were purchased last year. It's not a severe issue, just that the wrap doesn't want to stick to itself as where on the parts where the black printing is.

Top Bottom