Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Bone Slayer's Thread

Bone Slayer

I have only pulled one camera so far. What are your guess on age and score?

Captain

Heres a regular that shows up that might be cool in another 2 years

Last edited:
Nice ones. They're both at least upper 140's, if not better, it's hard to judge with one pic though. I'd shoot em for sure!

Alright guys I pulled the same camera again. I just put up another 4 cameras two weeks ago and haven't checked them yet. Once again Captain has showed up. Every picture I have of him is during day light or right at dusk. Where do you think he is living? He was showing up a couple times a week, then I didn't get a picture of him for two weeks and then he showed back up twice in the past week. The farm is 300 acres. 200 of crop land and one big timber with another timber a joining. What are your thoughts of how to hunt him this fall?

I think mature bucks bed in different locations based on the wind direction. Just like we have stands for certain winds, I think they have beds for certain winds. This may also affect how they travel to food sources as well and what travel routes they use. That may not be the case in your situation but check out the wind direction, pressure drops/weather fronts, moon phase and any other factors that may influence his travel. I'm in a similar situation myself and I can't find any correlation for my trail cam movement. Hope you can track him down.

Top Bottom