Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

BONUS TAG RESULTS

I RAN THIS IDEA PAST TONY,MAYBE YOU MORE COMPUTER SAVY GUYS,THAN I, CAN FIGURE A BETTER WAY TO DO THIS INSTEAD OF IN THE CONFERENCE.
I WAS WONDERING HOW MANY OF THE ANTERLESS TAGS WERE REALLY FILLED,COMPARED TO HOW MANY WERE PURCHASED.THE NUMBER OF POSTS COULD BE STAGGERING,WITH ALL SEASONS COMBINED.
I HAVE 2 FOR ARCHERY,1 STATE PARK ARCHERY,AND 1 REG. ARCHERY SEASON.AT THIS POINT LOOKS LIKE BOTH WILL GO UNFILLED.
TAKE THE BALL AND RUN,MAYBE WE CAN GET THE ELECTRONIC CHECK-IN KICK STARTED HERE.

3y31869.jpg

This one didn't make it. I still have a bonus tag for Cedar Rapids, but it's likely to go unfilled. If I put on enough clothing to tolerate this weather, I won't be able to draw my bow.

I had 2 bonus anterless tags...one for bow season and another for late muzzleloader. I filled the late muzzy tag, but not the bow. I still have a little more time to work on it, but can't imagine what I'd do with the venison now, so I'll probably chase pheasants instead. Maybe Blind Sow can offer some insight as to whethe these tags will be available again next year ? Good Hunting.

NWBuck

I had one bonus antlerless tag and I filled it in November with the bow. On the last day of first season gun I filled my state tag with a doe. So that makes 2 so far. I have a late season tag that I hope to fill this weekend.

I got 2 antlerless tags for washington county and filled 1 on sept.6 and filled the other on nov.12. I have my state wide tag left to fill yet. It might be a doe also if I can get 1 to come in range. Hope this helps.

I filled 1 doe archey tag in the polk county parks hunt, and I have a 2nd one I still hope to fill.
With 2 deer in the freezer before Nov 1st, I was in no hurry to fill that 2nd urban tag. (I did lots of exploring of new territory with my statewide tag) Now that it has been a couple months, I have gotten more serious again I have had several "almost" opportunities the last week, it is just a matter of time. No big horns this year, but it was a great season.
If the county bonus doe tags are available next year again, I might take that route instead of doing the urban bow hunt.

I had 2 "extra" antlerless bow tags. Shot a pair of yearlings and gave one to the land owner. I have a late BP season tag to fill yet.Brrrr.

bowhunt'nfool, isnt that alittle early to fill ur tag sept 6? last time i checked no deer seasons were open in iowa!

I have 2 antlerless bow tags and a statewide bow tag that I haven't filled, but I'll be out this weekend!! Love those antlerless tags! They made me hunt harder and hope for more doe sightings!

I bought two anterless tags and have filed one, so far. I still have my any sex tag, but I am not holding out for a buck. I am not giving up untill the 10th.

I had one antlerless tag and filled it last week.Now that leaves my regular bow and muzzleloader tags to fill this week, talk about cutting it close.

I filled 2 doe tags on Oct. 4 with my bow in butler county, filled early muzzleloader tag with a 125 class 9 point,and on Nov. 4 I filled my statewide bow tag with a 120 class 8 point.

have doe tag for benton co doe tag for clayton co statewide for late muzz. bonus tag for davis co fo late muzz fell first day out of late muzz had back surgury last sat my season didn't put any meat in the freezer but had a great time seem lots of hugh bucks in clayton co can't wait until next year with what i learned this year loved the doe tag thing could let a good buck walk in hopes of a great buck and still be able to take a doe any time you want

I shot a doe in the third week of October. Made a good heart shot at 10 yards and she looped around and died about 8 yards away, it was my first deer killed with bow. Can't wait til next year

Filled both my bonus tags. Got the bow harvest on tape.

Late season black powder bonus was kind of a disapointment bc i shot a small buck which had already shed his antlers.

Had 1 doe tag for bow and filled it in Oct.. Loved it.It was for Tama Co.

Top Bottom