Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

Boone & Crockett score estimates please...

N

Northern Whitetails

Here is a blow-up from a camtrakker pic that I thought some of you might be interested in.

I know for a fact that this buck would be catching a 100-grain thunderhead if he came anywhere near me and my Mathews!

What do you think he'd score?

Img001.jpg

Nice buck. Looks to be missing the right G1 though. I'll go out on a limb here and say he will gross about 180. I sure wouldn't let him walk given the opportunity!

I would say that he has all his tines. The right G1 is there it is just fades in with the background. I would say that this buck would definately gross 180. There are not that many bucks that big around, and then to have no broken tines, and be a typical. That no doubt is a world class deer.

well, i dont know, it does look like her is missing his g1, but maybe your right, it could be a bad picture, I would say about 170 as well though possibly 180

AWSOME ANIMAL GROSS 178 NET 172 .25 INCH BEAMS-33 INCH G MEASURE- 20 INCH WIDTH AND 20 INCH CIRC. THANKS FOR SHARING M 350 OUT

Is that the actual score? I was gonna guess bigger. Pictures can be deceiving. He is a great buck in any event. Was he harvested?

Monster, hard to be exact, but if his mass is as good as I think, I guess him even higher. He might gross 190. What a brute!!

No, that's not the actual score...he's still on the hoof a bit south and a bit east of you fellas. I wanted to clarify that this is not my picture, it's a camtrakker photo from Illinois.

Remember, the buck is a 6x6 and the G5's add a minimum of 16 inches to the gross typical score!

And from what the guy says, the right brow tine is there, it is just a bit shorter and faded into the background clutter.

Has this bruiser been seen at any other time than on the cam tracker photos? Just wondering if he got so big by becoming nocturnal.

I don't have the foggiest but would guess 180-190. I see one like this in my area, but never close enough.

Remember the photo Onecam put up last year asking for scores and everybody said 150 and it turned out he shot the deer in the pic and it scored 170+.

Picture never do them justice! The same goes for video. I would estimate that this buck would easily go in the high 180's and likely would gross in the low 190's. It is a awesome buck and I hope he makes it another year, and it he does he will likely be "WORLD CLASS" which very few deer ever reach! I would love for him to swim the river and come to Iowa on my hunting area for the "late muzzleloading season"!!!

177 gross, 171 net.
Now shoot him and tell us who wins the pool!

The beautiful thing about Boone and Crockett scoring is it's pure mathematics. Here are a few estimated measurements, which I can't imagine are on the high side of actual.

Main Beam: 24
G1 4
G2 8
G3 9
G4 10
G5 8
H1 5
H2 5
H3 4
H4 4

= 81 inches

He's very even, so times 2 = 162

+ 18 Inside Spread = 180

There is no doubt in my mind that this is a legit Boone and Crockett whitetail, at 180-190 typical. Depending on his body size he may even exceed 190 inches.

I just shot him yesterday with my bow!! 192 gross 187 net!! And please dont wake me up from my dream either!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This deer will gross low 190 and net low to mid 180. Dont believe me just shoot him and I will be glad to do the tapping.

Hey guys,

As far as I know this buck is still alive. I haven`t heard of anyone killing him during the gun season. However I haven`t seen him since the trail camera picture was taken. I still have about four weeks left to try and catch up to him. We`ll just have to wait and see what happens. I`ll keep you posted (if I can find him again).

Top Bottom