Buck Hollow Sporting Goods - click or touch to visit their website Midwest Habitat Company

booner12 scores on 11/4 & 11/5

bsmith121e

Hey guys, first of all thanks for all the great pictures and posts this fall. I've really enjoyed viewing the photos and reading the posts. I filled my buck tag on Saturday 11/4 at about 4:00, and one of my doe tags Sunday 11/5 at about 7:30. Nice to have meat in the freezer again! Friday and Saturday morning I saw a lot of dinks and the garden variety 2.5 year old bucks. On Saturday afternoon I had seen nothing and decided to rattle shortly before 4:00. Within 3 or 4 minutes this guy came up the ravine from the bottom, didn't give me a shot for the longest time, crossed the ravine in front of me and gave me a 30 yarder. I don't know whether my arrow hit something or the shot was just low but I felt that it wasn't going to be a vital hit although I could see he was bleeding. He bolted about 50 yards and started to walk again. I grunted and he came back to the same trail! This time at 25 yards I put one right square in the lungs. The rest is history. On Sunday morning, I took this nice doe for a little extra meat in the freezer. As you can see I had a little help tracking from my dog Reuben. Overall a great weekend!
2269DSC00871-med.JPG
2269DSC00865-med.JPG
2269DSC00872-med.JPG

Hey, the pictures worked....told you it would. I would have had a hard time passing on that one too. Way to go Brad!

Top Bottom